Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

15 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Death of stalin. Not thick of it/in the loop level but better than veep. Definitely wasn't afraid to go as dark as it needed to go which is appreciated. Probably the most I've laughed at a movie at the cinema this year but I don't think I've seen many comedies anyway.

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

Hitting Halloween Horror Nights for the first times since 2010 tonight. Yeeee boy. @WrathOfHan is it good this year? I'm only planning on doing seven of the houses so not too too worried line wise.

It's a strong year! Scarecrow is far and away the best house this year and had me screaming the entire way. It's a really tight house, and you can't tell where the scares will come from. You can be looking in an opposite direction, and someone on the opposite side will STILL get in your face. Hive and AHS are great too. My personal rankings:

Scarecrow

Hive

AHS

The Shining

Ash

Dead Waters

The Fallen

Blumhouse

Saw

What two houses are you planning on skipping?

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's a strong year! Scarecrow is far and away the best house this year and had me screaming the entire way. It's a really tight house, and you can't tell where the scares will come from. You can be looking in an opposite direction, and someone on the opposite side will STILL get in your face. Hive and AHS are great too. My personal rankings:

Scarecrow

Hive

AHS

The Shining

Ash

Dead Waters

The Fallen

Blumhouse

Saw

What two houses are you planning on skipping?

I am very much looking forward to all the original houses and the Shining. I am skipping Ash v. Evil Dead because I hate the comedy houses and their long ass lines and Evil Dead is an overrated franchise without any appeal to me. And Saw, because I wouldn't go to that depraved snuff film garbage if the wait was five minutes - and I bet it's one of the three longest, so fuck that. Worst franchise ever. Disgusting - and I'm about as liberal and open minded as it gets.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I am very much looking forward to all the original houses and the Shining. I am skipping Ash v. Evil Dead because I hate the comedy houses and their long ass lines and Evil Dead is an overrated franchise without any appeal to me. And Saw, because I wouldn't go to that depraved snuff film garbage if the wait was five minutes - and I bet it's one of the three longest, so fuck that. Worst franchise ever. Disgusting - and I'm about as liberal and open minded as it gets.

Ash vs Evil Dead rarely exceeds 30-35 minutes; it's far and away the least popular house this year. I think it's a fun house that has some decent scares and recommend doing it if you have time. I haven't even watched anything in the series either!

Yeah, Saw is always one of the three longest waits. It gets busy early being up front and never dies down. The house itself has basically zero scares, and the scenes of torture on display are basically just actors screaming. It sure as hell isn't worth a 90 minute wait let alone 30.

Edited by WrathOfHan

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Ash vs Evil Dead rarely exceeds 30-35 minutes; it's far and away the least popular house this year. I think it's a fun house that has some decent scares and recommend doing it if you have time.

Yeah, Saw is always one of the three longest waits. It gets busy early being up front and never dies down. The house itself has basically zero scares, and the scenes of torture on display are basically just actors screaming. It sure as hell isn't worth a 90 minute wait let alone 30.

I'm hoping that since I am going on a Sunday the wait times are mitigated somewhat. I expect Shining and AHS to be super long but not trying to wait more than an hour for anything else.

9 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I'm hoping that since I am going on a Sunday the wait times are mitigated somewhat. I expect Shining and AHS to be super long but not trying to wait more than an hour for anything else.

There isn't a huge draw this year, so the waits tend to be pretty even. With Express on Wednesday, the longest I waited was about 20 minutes for AHS and Blumhouse because of the way their lines are set up (standby was 60 and 70 when I got to them): AHS has four switchbacks inside the soundstage when the lines merge, and Blumhouse has two different merge points for Express and standby. These are typically the wait trends for every house:

AHS: 2+ hours when the park opens, normally goes down to 40-60 minutes past 9.

Shining: Opens with 30-40 minutes and stays between that and 70 minutes for most of the night.

Dead Waters/The Fallen: They open super low and rarely exceed an hour.

Blumhouse/Scarecrow: They open low, but once Bill and Ted lets out, they can be anywhere from 60-120+

Hive: Like the other tents, it opens low but never quite goes as high as them. I don't think I've ever seen a wait higher than 80 minutes for that. When I went on Wednesday, it didn't have a long line around 8:30.

Ash: Like I said, it stays low basically all night.

Saw: Opens with 60+ and often hits 100+

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

man what a horrible set of games for the NFL today.  I'm stuck with Car/Chi, Dallas/SF, even Cinci/Pitt isn't all that great since neither are that good.  I guess it's a divisional game at least.

and with the way Carolina is playing right now, it is making the Eagles win against them not as impressive.  So they better beat Washington tomorrow or else it means nothing anyway

Just now, Jayhawk said:

All the proceeds go to hurricane relief and I get a couple hours of great entertainment.

ah, ok, didn't know it all went to charity.  My Winona reaction is rescinded ;) 

• Like 1