Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

9 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

How do you win a conference?

(I'm not being snarky. I'm genuinely curious.) 

It’s called a student research conference at my university but you’re allowed to enter in your paper for a competition aspect where they judge the papers with an interdisciplinary group of professors from the university.

They’ll award the top 3 undergraduate and graduate papers and posters based off the scoring or something like that.

I don’t really get how they’re supposed to compare thesis work from say a humanities major, to an engineering design, to data research, to a lab experiments though.  

Edited by Critically Acclaimed Panda
  • Like 2

Breaking News

Comey declares Trump's hand are not unusually small.

“As he extended his hand,” Comey adds, “I made a mental note to check its size. It was smaller than mine, but did not seem unusually so.”

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Goffe said:

Laura Dern is soooooo good in her 2 minutes in Downsizing. Can someone make a comedy with that character? Thanks.

Have you hit the part where Matt Damon downsizes? Because the movie is about to go....... downhill.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Have you hit the part where Matt Damon downsizes? Because the movie is about to go....... downhill.

Already finished it. Got a bit bored after they went to Norway, but otherwise it’s an ok enough flick. Didn’t mind the white man finds love & purpose & pesperctive turn it took.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Already finished it. Got a bit bored after they went to Norway, but otherwise it’s an ok enough flick. Didn’t mind the white man finds love & purpose & pesperctive turn it took.

The old guy behind me in the theater did not share the same opinion :lol::kitschjob: 

Now that I'm more or less done my first year... I've got a stats exam and english left but that's it, I'm just getting more and more stressed out about what to take next year.

I feel like I should have decided my now. Crunch time. But I really don't know. The more I think about it the more I'm unsure about sciences, I've kind of decided not to do and Earth and Ocean Science degree even though there's still a few courses in that program I can, and probably will, take as elective credits because they look interesting. I've been looking at biology recently, as it's also interested me, and all the maths all work out, but I kind of want to do a minor in anthropology, if not eventually make that my major.

I just have no idea, and at this point it's guranteed I'm going to need 5 years to complete my degree. And if I don't decide soon it could be 6:whosad:

• Sad 1