Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I just caught up on this thread and Jesus Christ @WrathOfHan. Why do the younglings here make me lose hope in the future while other people your age are out there trying to actually make a difference like changing gun laws?

Because they actually have the means to do that?

Also I was at Sawgrass today and saw:

1) a truck in the parking lot completely Dark Knight themed (@MrPink that's your birthday present this year)

2) A promposal at the food court where this kid's friends showed up with flowers and a "will you go to prom with me?" sign for his girlfriend and she said yes and they kissed to the delight of everyone. Teens of BOT: try being that guy (someone who is actually creative and cool).

Edited by filmlover

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Also I was at Sawgrass today and saw:

1) a truck in the parking lot completely Dark Knight themed (@MrPink that's your birthday present this year)

2) A promposal at the food court where this kid's friends showed up with flowers and a "will you go to prom with me?" sign for his girlfriend and she said yes and they kissed to the delight of everyone. Teens of BOT: try being that guy (someone who is actually creative and cool).

But I am creative (and somewhat cool)!

5 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

I’m always down for a Mann movie but that article is hilariously presumptuous. :lol: 

See, this is what I get for going for a quick joke without reading the actual article. :lol:

Michael Mann’s Next Movie Will Be About Hacker and Crime Boss Paul Le Roux (actual title of article)

*SNIP* *SNIP* *SNIP*

Now, there’s no guarantee here Mann is indeed making a film adaptation of Shannon’s book – adding film and TV rights to a book deal is often standard procedure –  but if Mann were to adapt this, it sounds like it would be firmly in his wheelhouse. La Roux is a former computer programmer and a former criminal cartel boss and informant to the DEA. Per Wikipedia, La Roux “created E4M, an open-source free Windows disk encryption software program, in 1999, and is a suspected creator of the open-source TrueCrypt, which is based on E4M’s code.” He also allegedly ordered the assassinations of six people. In a way, this project almost sounds like a companion piece to Mann’s computer hacker thriller Blackhat.

Seeesh.  That's ScreenRant level of click-baity bullshit if you ask me. :lol:

Edited by Porthos