Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Eminem's new song is trash :gold: 

Yeah. I'd rather just have the Beyonce parts on its own. Eminem hasn't moved since he went pure pop a couple albums back, it was horrible. Seriously, "love the way you lie" is an embarrassment.

I'm already dreading work on Monday, now I'm gonna have 5 white guys asking me if I've "heard the new Eminem" in awkward attempt to relate. So that should be fun at least. 

• Like 1

Big Sick is good, but there are three scenes, one after another, that made me cringe so very fucking hard. The “Kumail shouts in hospital lobby/Kumail shouts at fast-food worker/Kumail tells his sad story to his audience” combo almost ruined the movie for me.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Big Sick is good, but there are three scenes, one after another, that made me cringe so very fucking hard. The “Kumail shouts in hospital lobby/Kumail shouts at fast-food worker/Kumail tells his sad story to his audience” combo almost ruined the movie for me.

I agree. It's very distracting that Kumail is clearly at a Burger King when they're trying to hide it!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Rewatching it last weekend, all three of those scenes stood out to me. Don't wanna knock Kumail's range, but the limitations showed up big time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I agree. It's very distracting that Kumail is clearly at a Burger King when they're trying to hide it!

i agree with both you guys. i thought it was pretty weird that he didn't instead go to dominos to order a pizza and slap some ketchup on that bad boy. took me out of the movie for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 3

Just now, aabattery said:

Starting to really feel the hype for Star Wars now. Not sure if that counts as an awards season movie though.

I'm more hyped for the awards season movies than I have been in most other years.  Last year I was mostly just anticipating one or two awards movies (La La Land and Arrival) and kind of shrugged off the rest in terms of hype until I actually saw most of them and ended up really liking them.  This year I'm really excited for Three Billboards, Lady Bird, Molly's Game, All the Money in The World, Shape of Water, I Tonya, Disaster Artist, The Post, etc.

• Like 1