Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

They hauled my ass outta retirement for the weekend. :lol: 

Bringing a man out of retirement is cruel.

I'll take on your responsibilities for you Tele you may rest.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

Well the trick (or the inevitable reality) is you go during off-peak hours. I did a 9am show. But if someone has the day off (or free enough to go watch a movie) I imagine it's not too difficult to find a showtime in the morning before the crush of evening crowds.

That wasn't an option for us lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

90% of the time unless i'm seeing like a star wars or a marvel i buy the tickets just before the movie and i've never had a problem getting a decent seat. idk. whatever. sorry about your problems fellas.

Same. The only times I book in advance is when it's a BIG movie or even one that's sure to be very popular here (Ocean's 8 in particular will definitely be huge in this area).

Edited by filmlover

I had a gift card to Chick-fil-A and went to buy some dinner.  After the swipe the cashier said, “You still owe 69 cents” and I let out a reactionary, “Nice,” as I took out my wallet.  The cashier looked at me, smiled and replied, “My pleasure.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

2 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

I had a gift card to Chick-fil-A and went to buy some dinner.  After the swipe the cashier said, “You still owe 69 cents” and I let out a reactionary, “Nice,” as I took out my wallet.  The cashier looked at me, smiled and replied, “My pleasure.”

Every time a "69/Nice" back-and-forth happens, an aa gets its wings. 

• Like 1

Reserved seating has ruined the concept of "hey I wanna walk up and see a movie right now without having to pay online."  opening weekends of American Made and Murder on the Orient Express, show up 40 minutes before it starts and the only seats left are in the very front row.  hell I saw Detroit in its 4th weekend and got stuck in the front row despite arriving 30 minutes early.  luckily the theater I prefer going to doesn't have reserved seating so it doesn't affect me much.  please don't @ me telling you about all the times reserved seating has been good to you btw I don't give a shit.

Edited by That Ambitious Guy

1 minute ago, Alli said:

Reserved seating kinda sucks. people will only see the movies they plan on seeing in advance. gone are the days of "hey, let's check out a movie....i have no idea what's playing, but let's go"

i agree it doesn't happen so much anymore but i'd blame netflix and the like for that. reserved seats are probably like 47th on the list of things i'd blame for that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Reserved seating has ruined the concept of "hey I wanna walk up and see a movie right now without having to pay online."  opening weekends of American Made and Murder on the Orient Express, show up 40 minutes before it starts and the only seats left are in the very front row.  hell I saw Detroit in its 4th weekend and got stuck in the front row despite arriving 30 minutes early.  luckily the theater I prefer going to doesn't have reserved seating so it doesn't affect me much.  please don't @ me telling you about all the times reserved seating has been good to you btw I don't give a shit.

You're only mad about this because of MoviePass.

If MoviePass had enough leverage to guarantee reserved seating, you'd care far less.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alli said:

Reserved seating kinda sucks. people will only see the movies they plan on seeing in advance. gone are the days of "hey, let's check out a movie....i have no idea what's playing, but let's go"

But those were also the days of only having one theater available. I do same day, spur of the moment watching whenever I can... only difference is I pull up my mobile Fandango app to see what’s playing and at what theater. And, of course, whether I can get a decent seat. 

• Like 2