Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I watched The Band Wagon. Biggest Golden Age musical I still had left. A lil too long and scattered but the highs are very high, Astaire and Cyd Charisse's dance in the park is the purest slice of that vaunted old-school classic Hollywood movie magic I've seen in a long while. The Pirate still my favorite Minnelli but this ties or maybe even edges out Meet Me in St. Louis for #2. 

5 minutes ago, DAR said:

Jesus I saw a motorcycle slam into a semi truck coming home tonight.

I once saw a guy on a motorcycle try to beat oncoming traffic by making a swift left turn and ended up wiping out in the middle of the street a few years ago. Luckily he was fine and all the cars stopped so he could get himself together but hopefully he learned his lesson.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I once saw a guy on a motorcycle try to beat oncoming traffic by making a swift left turn and ended up wiping out in the middle of the street a few years ago. Luckily he was fine and all the cars stopped so he could get himself together but hopefully he learned his lesson.

This guy was going at least 50 in a 30 zone.  I was part of a group of cars going through an intersection right before the freeway.  Sad thing he wasn’t even in a driving lane.  He was wearing a helmet so hopefully that saved him 

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

watched the iron giant for... i think the first time since i saw it in the cinema near 20 years ago. anyway i cried and cried and cried.

Rewatched it a few days ago for the Blank Check podcast.  'tis very excellent.

Edited by That One Guy

• Community Manager
4 hours ago, Jandrew said:

@ Rookie...lmaoooooooooooooooooo, lazy lazy, lazy. It's all getting lazy.

@ Whiskey Cavaliers...hey it's Chris! That's all I got from that. Chris still getting work.

@ The Fix....sooo...the white woman couldn't catch the black guy in real life so she makes a show where the white woman catches the black guy. Okayy then...

@ Grand Los Bupadest Hotel...another show that seems to offer nothing other than sex. Lazy.

If we keep up with this I'll have to reconsider Hulu. 

I haven't seen the trailer yet but looking at behind-the-scenes information, I'll probably give this a shot. My mom can't stop raving about the Spanish tv series it's based on. It even has some of the original producers. The original series has also been adapted into a Mexican telenovela. 

• Community Manager
7 minutes ago, DAR said:

I’m not out of line in saying some of the fx work in Black Panther wasn’t much better than Justice League

okay calm down mr. trump

• Thanks 1

I think I am about to make a lot of real estate agents pisssssed.  We just got an offer on the house we put on the market less than 24 Hours ago, and honestly, there is no reason not to take it. 

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, DAR said:

I’m not out of line in saying some of the fx work in Black Panther wasn’t much better than Justice League

As much as I enjoyed the movie. The FX work wasn’t something you’d expect for a movie that’s become as huge as BP has.