Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

genuinely can't remember the last movie i watched in 3D. one of the hobbits i think. is it still too dark? if it is i can't wait to see this Bradford "Where's the fucking light switch" Young picture.

Depends on the projector and movie. IMAX 3D is always a good light level, but regular 3D is trash a lot of the time

Edited by WrathOfHan

12 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

genuinely can't remember the last movie i watched in 3D. one of the hobbits i think. is it still too dark? if it is i can't wait to see this Bradford "Where's the fucking light switch" Young picture.

from the AV Club Cannes write-up on the movie

cinematographer Bradford Young’s almost perversely dim lighting scheme, which suggests Han and company are pulling their big score during a very long solar eclipse. 

Sounds like you're in luck!

23 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

from the AV Club Cannes write-up on the movie

Sounds like you're in luck!

i have to admit he's the major cinematographer right now where i don't really see the appeal. everyone was talking about how "beautiful" the photography in the trailers was and i just couldn't see it.Gray and brown is not my colour scheme.

44 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Last two times I saw 3D in a regular cinema the light levels were shit, the fuckers dim the projector to save bulb life.

Watched Terminal for assignment. The VOD, Margot Robbie, neon lights, witless references to Alice in Wonderland one. Well, I'm glad Robbie is still in that stage of her career where the glint in her eye can survive even this amount of garbage surrounding her. Or she just has bad taste. Regardless, she's the only one who's alive in this thing and wow is the rest godawful.

5 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Watched Terminal for assignment. The VOD, Margot Robbie, neon lights, witless references to Alice in Wonderland one. Well, I'm glad Robbie is still in that stage of her career where the glint in her eye can survive even this amount of garbage surrounding her. Or she just has bad taste. Regardless, she's the only one who's alive in this thing and wow is the rest godawful.

They should've known better than to try to top the 'Berg

4 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

I've just started getting a real shitty cold. feel slightly vomity as well. and now i have to get dressed up in a tuxedo to go and see a star wars movie that nobody likes. 

You're gonna get into a Don Quixote screening and you'll drop dead as soon as you enter the theatre.

"It was so much fun having you in class this year.  You are a smart, funny and wonderful guy.   Have a great summer and hope to see you around."

(Heart symbols)

-90% of the girls that signed my yearbooks.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1