Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

Alright I've slept on it a little and made a decision.

I'm not going to leave the forums entirely.  However, my activity will decrease and my posts will probably be restricted to the CCT (which is more or less the only (mostly) tolerable thread on here).  I still don't want to have to listen to the ""conversations"" that make this forum insufferable, so I'll probably just never enter any other thread other than this one.

Also fuck EmpireCity.  And fuck the people who encouraged him by liking all the posts where he attacked other users.  Just because you give numbers doesn't give you excuses to be an intolerable ----.

I don't see why you'd necessarily need to avoid non-weekend and non-major-franchise threads (we all know what the toxic ones are by this point) but whatever works best for you. Glad you chose to stick around to some extent, anyway.

As for empire I'm not gonna suddenly pretend that I didn't find his outbursts funny but a line's a line and he's obviously flown over it. I'm pessimistic about him possibly learning anything from this too, he's too old and too convinced that he's always right. Don't feel like much introspection is gonna happen there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Premium George said:

I hopr it doesn't increase. In college first year, I become addicted to mobile and laptop. Full on addicted. 13-16 hours each day. I even forgot to eat few days.

Was always in frustrating mood. It went on for 2 sem. My grades were enough to not getting kicked out of college. Somehow, it all went ok.

I was able to actually quit for my first semester too and did well during that semester as well

But then it went down hill mid way through my last semester. I'm not sure if I was just so sick of studying all the time and BOT gave me a break from that during class or what but either way it had an effect on my grades :ph34r: I can't let it get worse though because I wanna get into an orthopedic residency lol  

• Like 1

I'm at the theater to watch Deadpool 2 again. I saw two old ladies in line and I was like aww that's cute they're here for Book Club. 

5 minutes later I see them rolling into my Deadpool 2 screening  

My ass is being shown isn't it

:sparta:

Edited by Nova
  • Like 3

Damn. Kate Spade was found dead in her apartment due to an apparent suicide :( 

Really puts all this online bullying and shit into perspective and how we never really know people's inner demons so we shouldn't be driving folks closer to the edge than they already maybe. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I don't see why you'd necessarily need to avoid non-weekend and non-major-franchise threads (we all know what the toxic ones are by this point) but whatever works best for you. Glad you chose to stick around to some extent, anyway.

As for empire I'm not gonna suddenly pretend that I didn't find his outbursts funny but a line's a line and he's obviously flown over it. I'm pessimistic about him possibly learning anything from this too, he's too old and too convinced that he's always right. Don't feel like much introspection is gonna happen there. 

I like to be more optimistic.  Sometimes, someone just needs to be sent a reality check...and when they get one, they wake up.  His wake up call was probably a few weeks overdue, but I understand giving long term posters a little more leeway til you just tell them enough is enough - do better...I also think the mods have and are handling it well.  That's a thankless job that I appreciate them all doing b/c without them, we'd have a much less pleasant experience and discussion here.

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

Btw I just want to add that I think there's nothing wrong at all with stanning for something you're enthusiastic about or taking a dump on something you hate. It's the ppl who can't help but repeat themselves endlessly and/or transfer that into attacks on other posters who disagree that get real, real tiresome

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Decided to check out my first YouTube Original Series 

:gold:

Horrifically awful connotations aside, Cobra Kai is just good television. The idea that the Karate Kid characters are still feuding 40 years later is the kind of hatred I like to see.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nova said:

Wait why?! 

I knew I haven't seen a lot of long time posters on here but I didn't know they all left :( 

Tired of users acting like Marvel was the only thing that mattered and people only wanting to discuss their movies, and tired of being personally criticized if you didn't like Disney/Marvel. He wasn't a fan of the discussion being just franchises either, and the more apparent rudeness.

Dex has never been a big Marvel fan from the jump, but it was more of a running joke, but then people started attacking him for his opinion, so.

52 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Cobrai Kai is awesome and with over 38 million views in a month, its a massive success. 

Im already on episode 7. I didn’t expect to love it like this. 

• Like 2