Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

The Bone Collector is pretty boring. Denzel is actually really great in it but the film flounders whenever he's not on the screen, which is most of the movie since he's stuck in a bed and he was sharing lead duties with Jolie (who's real wooden). Has some neat transitions though. I do like how the poster doesn't indicate that he's quadripleguc at all. That was all I'd seen of it going in so the 'boom paralysed' smash cut was a bit of an oh shit moment.

Ohmygod, a boy I used to play soccer with for about 8 years, and one of my sister’s best friends throughout high school, was recently flown to the hospital in Vancouver. I didn’t know what was wrong, but my sister and a few of her friends have been absolutely devastated. 

On prom night he sent a picture to his prom date of him laying in the hospital bed in the suit he was supposed to be wearing to the prom. At the grad ceremony, two of his friends walked across the stage for him as his quotes were read, and had him on FaceTime on their phone. He was able to face the crowd, and had his grad cap on, and was able to move the tassel as he went across the stage.

And now I just found out that he has a cancerous brain tumour that they are unable to remove. Ever since I’ve known him this boy has been one of the kindest, most genuine, and most undeserving people in the world of something like this. 

If any of you have ever known a kid who has, or is, fighting something like this, my heart goes out to you. Knowing that one of the nicest people I have ever met is fighting something such as this really, really breaks my heart.

• Sad 6

14 minutes ago, dVmatrixmathi5xdU said:

brainstorming...  I wonder if new generations are influenced towards better behavior by politics, Hollywood, and media over the older generations, or if stubbornness will always be there and vary. 

Testosterone doesn't exist.

3 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

Where are you going?

Going to Northern Wisconsin until Thursday with my parents.  Friday participating in a golf tourney (best ball thankfully).  Then I have to turn around repack and the 16th get on a flight and go to Playa Del Carmen for my cousin’s wedding 

• Like 1