Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

The trailer has landed too;

I'm definitely watching this lmfao.

They had me at Kurt Russell as Santa Claus.  Plus I'm pretty confident that could be his real hair and beard

Edited by DAR
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Holy hell. I genuinely believe that this is gonna play a factor on the December box office. It’s gonna be HUGE.

The first movie was fascinating. I can still remember how little effort went into it, just look at the cover for Beat Now (Now Beat?) that they made up

DP6u47YWAAA2qRC.jpg

Also, you know how we were talking yesterday about Annapurna's woes? Well, looks like they are indeed about to close their doors in the near future.

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/10/annapurna-megan-ellison-sisters-brothers-vice-1202010921/

Why they hell did Vice cost $60M when The Big Short got made at Paramount for $28M? And The Sisters Brothers cost nearly $40M and won't even make $5M worldwide. No wonder they're going under. Is it too late for another studio to pick up If Beale Street Could Talk and Vice (as well as Destroyer although the financial and awards prospects are pretty nil for that one at this point)?

Just now, filmlover said:

Also, you know how we were talking yesterday about Annapurna's woes? Well, looks like they are indeed about to close their doors in the near future.

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/10/annapurna-megan-ellison-sisters-brothers-vice-1202010921/

Why they hell did Vice cost $60M when The Big Short got made at Paramount for $28M? And The Sisters Brothers cost nearly $40M and won't even make $5M worldwide. No wonder they're going under. Is it too late for another studio to pick up If Beale Street Could Talk and Vice (as well as Destroyer although the financial and awards prospects are pretty nil for that one at this point)?

vice seems like a bigger deal production wise since it spans like four decades. i dunno about the rest but i'm sure brad pitt took some kind of back end deal on big short since he produced it so that saves costs. vice was originally happening at paramount so maybe there as well they thought the budget was getting too big.

26 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Big Short was a 49.655M production (almost the same price tag has an American Hustle, quite cheaper than a Moneyball)

https://fastlane.louisianaeconomicdevelopment.com/Film/FilmSearchDetails.aspx?ProjNum=Tbx5pp6EHFz07xsX8FjTww%3d%3d

We have not seen much but Vice feature some desert / war sequence, maybe enough for that 10m more.

Edited by Barnack

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Annapurna only spent 7-8M on Sisters Brothers, so they aren’t losing too much there. But yeah, Vice needs to save their asses.