Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 minutes ago, DAR said:

Lot of game lot of series. But so far so good 

It's funny.  I was thinking of making an official predicition on both series (Brewers in seven, 'stros in six).  But I didn't coz I felt I was letting my biases get in the way.

The main reason I thought BrewCrew in seven, besides the obvious (duh), is I felt the Brewers pen was far superior to the Dodger's one outside of Jansen (which is also why I think the Astros have the edge - I just like the Astros bullpen better than the Red Sox one).

But I also thought that the Dodgers starters would be better.  And I didn't dream that Kershaw would be knocked out early.

Still, long way to go as you say.  But I'd rather be where the Brewers are than the reverse. 

• Like 1

I think the Astros are going to be the first repeat World Series winner since the Joe Torre dynasty Yankees in 2000, though that prediction comes partly out of trying to accept a Red Sox loss before it could happen. ;) 

I do feel less certain about the ALCS after seeing the Sox down the Yankees in 4. A week ago, I thought for sure that series would go the full tilt and take so much out of the victor that the Astros would cruise to the pennant.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, MrPink said:

If Correa gets going, I don't see anybody stopping the Astros, but players gotta execute. On paper, I think they're the best and most complete team in the league

Sox are a scary team, though.  In many ways they remind me of an even better version of the ‘stros from last year.  Scary lineup, one great starter, and then a bunch of “we’ll figure it out on the fly”.

It is kinda funny though.  In this a bullpen crazed era, last years Astros won it all with a bullpen running on fumes.  This year, their pen is much better.  One might think that would mean the Astros should be favored,  but the Red Sox ARE a 108 win team.  So kinda hesitant to commit to ‘stros in six.

Probably come down to which team gets the right breaks at the right time.

like most series then.:ph34r:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Sox are a scary team, though.  In many ways they remind me of an even better version of the ‘stros from last year.  Scary lineup, one great starter, and then a bunch of “we’ll figure it out on the fly”.

It is kinda funny though.  In this a bullpen crazed era, last years Astros won it all with a bullpen running on fumes.  This year, their pen is much better.  One might think that would mean the Astros should be favored,  but the Red Sox ARE a 108 win team.  So kinda hesitant to commit to ‘stros in six.

Probably come down to which team gets the right breaks at the right time.

like most series then.:ph34r:

Red Sox are scary, and what you said is true. However...

There wasn't a team like the 2018 Astros on the way to the World Series last year. :Venom:

7 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

*cough* 

:ph34r:

====

Still wonder if they're gonna incorporate the footnotes at all. Probably not.  But it wouldn't be that hard, either.  Just have some Ron Howard style Narration piping in occasionally and it should work well with the type of humor that is already being shown.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

:ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: 

@aabattery @DeeCee

Now I'm not expecting a lot of it.  But that they're there at all!!! :excited::excited::excited:

(Also, only one season, obv)

Edit:

SPOILER

Spoiler

You know... Metatron is the Voice of God.   Even name-checked as such in the book.

YiBe40t.png YiBe40t.png YiBe40t.png YiBe40t.png

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

Ugh so like 4k people in Panama City have power renewed and considering we're in a new subdivision, we MIGHT have it back but we won't be there until tomorrow.

ARGH i've wanted so long for this city to be leveled and rebuilt but I was imagining! I didn't want this! There are people in trailers who might have to wait two months! :(

• Sad 5