Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

I still want that Haunted Mansion movie made (yes I know Crimson Peak is basically that, shut up). The Eddie Murphy movie is awful trash garbage, and the ride deserves so much more than that filth, and it should be made from a brilliant creative like him.

I’d like to see that too.

But I feel like Lovecraft is some of the greatest untapped cinematic potential to adapt from literature.  And Del Torro is the person to adapt it.

Edited by PANDA

23 minutes ago, PANDA said:

Truly one of the last decent Republicans and the best of all the Bushes.  RIP

Bush also ran for a senate seat in 1964 and lost to the democratic incumbent. Just another example of how you don't need to be a winner to be president.

The last decent Republican president, he passed the Americans with disability act, which I'm very grateful for, and even wanted to take a stand on global warming in 1988, something that would be considered ridiculous for a Republican today. RIP!!!

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, filmlover said:

RIP. Rather bittersweet that he and Barbara passed within months of each other.

Kennebunkport is basically the next town over.  He and Barbara did amazing work fundraising for the Children's Hospitals up here.  So it's sad, but: I think that's the best way to look at it.  He was 94 and now he's with Barbara.  

7 hours ago, filmlover said:

I haven’t seen Support the Girls yet but Regina Hall is kinda killing it in movie choices these days between that, Girls Trip, and The Hate U Give. Never would’ve guessed she would go on to become a strong dramatic actress from the Scary Movie films. Hopefully her Showtime series early next year is also a hit and leads to her getting Emmy love.

Support the Girls rules and she and Haley Lu Richardson should both be getting recognition for their performances.

53 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Support the Girls rules and she and Haley Lu Richardson should both be getting recognition for their performances.

honestly BOT should support the girls by giving them a best ensemble nod for the boffys. i think it's an all round good cast.

• Like 1

Somebody on my Facebook shared a video about “A Pastor converts a Mormon to Christianity!”.  

I looked at the comments sections and saw comments like, “Thank God I was converted from Catholicism to Baptist, so I could truly be saved!”

with a retort “Well, thank God I was converted to Presbyterian, the actual way to be saved!”

And another comment “The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter Day Saints is the ONLY way to be saved, he was a fool!”

It’s always rubbed me the wrong way how certain people in individual denominations (not even individual religions, these denominations are all technically the same religion) can be that their denomination is the only true way to be moral and saved, and all the rest are terrible.  

If people think political purity tests are bad, they should just look at American Christianity and it’s denominations.  There’s literally a church branch that thinks people will go to hell if they worship in a building that has a kitchen.

• Like 4