Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I’m honestly mystified at Glass. The movie basically shit on everything I loved about Unbreakable and Split. Nothing about the character motivations in this film makes any goddamn sense, and Shyamalan’s twistgasm in the third act was really fucking grating. It’s been a while since a movie has angered me this much.

Edited by WrathOfHan

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I’m honestly mystified at Glass. The movie basically shit on everything I loved about Unbreakable and Split. Nothing about the character motivations in this film makes any goddamn sense, and Shyamalan’s twistgasm in the third act was really fucking grating. It’s been a while since a movie has angered me this much.

did it rape your childhood?

Had some problems with Vice but liked it overall, especially the editing and the Brechtian 4th wall breaking stuff. The first hour is kind of hit and miss but it really gets going with the GWB years. Kind of surprised by the INTENSE HATE it's been getting from people tbh.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

Had some problems with Vice but liked it overall, especially the editing and the Brechtian 4th wall breaking stuff. The first hour is kind of hit and miss but it really gets going with the GWB years. Kind of surprised by the INTENSE HATE it's been getting from people tbh.

I think I’m generally around the same reaction as you, although ironically I think the Iraq War stuff is the weakest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Nevada said:

I just saw it myself. A lot of people are criticising it as “obvious” but I’m surprised no one has called out the most obvious element. Which is that McKay wrote a drunk abusive dad character and then cast Shea Whigham to play him. Knew who it was gonna be before they even showed his face.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1