Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

9 hours ago, filmlover said:

I guess one of the perks of Netflix is that when it comes to indie awards players and acclaimed movies that start in platform release they are available right away instead of having to wait for them to expand (although I live in an area that usually gets those kinds of movies within two weeks after they launch so it's not a big deal for me either way). Still would be nice to have the option to see them in theaters though. I didn't get around to seeing Roma on the big screen because it was 1) only playing at the iPic which is too expensive for someone who is a frequent moviegoer like me and 2) only there for a week because it was a Netflix title available for streaming. I assume what they're working out with The Irishman will delay its streaming release and allow for broader for theatrical visibility for those who want to see it that way (which is how Scorsese wants us to see it anyway).

Well I think Netflix allows smaller movies to reach a much bigger audience than they normally would in a traditional release.

Like some of the viewing numbers for some whatever Romantic Comedies like the kissing booth or all the boys I loved before are just insane. 

About 80 million subs have watched one of those two movies.

https://variety.com/2018/digital/news/netflix-most-rewatched-movies-kissing-booth-to-all-the-boys-ive-loved-before-2018-1203086656/

Edited by Lordmandeep

Just now, DAR said:

On a serious note I'm guessing Oprah is "cancelled" because she produced Leaving Neverland

Gotta love how the Jackson estate dropped a concert the same time the first part aired last night and will be doing the same when the second part airs tonight.

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Image result for burn gif

Yeah I be honest without netflix, I would hardly watch non blockbuster films be honest.

It really is a boon to smaller films. 

Like Yesterday I watched that movie about the kid who creates a wind turbine to save his village suffering from a famine. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Yeah I be honest without netflix, I would hardly watch non blockbuster films be honest.

You must not watch much then since most of the major studio output is still locked in exclusively with the pay channels.

I remember when it was a big deal when they landed Disney's films (everything released from 2016 through 2018) and now they're about to lose those to Disney's own streaming service and are not at all phased by it.

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

You must not watch much then since most of the major studio output is still locked in exclusively with the pay channels.

I remember when it was a big deal when they landed Disney's films (everything released from 2016 through 2018) and now they're about to lose those to Disney's own streaming service and are not at all phased by it.

Well yeah those are the ones that mostly get ignored by the masses or get illegally downloaded if they dont do well in theaters. 

Edited by Lordmandeep