Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I mean i will defiently watch GoT.

But its just 100% fanservice now with little to no substance. Season 7 really soured me on the show, especially on its writing. Heres hoping they managed to turned things around for the final season at least.

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I mean i will defiently watch GoT.

But its just 100% fanservice now with little to no substance. Season 7 really soured me on the show, especially on its writing. Heres hoping they managed to turned things around for the final season at least.

GoT already dropped the ball two seasons prior.

Just now, fabiopazzo2 said:

56k like in 20 minutes on Yt 🤣

If this huge battle in Season 8 that has been reported on recently is indeed episode 3, then the weekend of April 26-28th is going to be the death of the Internet. 

3 minutes ago, cookie said:

GoT already dropped the ball two seasons prior.

Season 5 was half good and half bad (Dorne was atrocious though, especially compared to the books). Season 6 kind of saved itself because it had many really great moments and a damn good finale although the writing was bad already there.

Season 7 sucked.

So i hope Season 8 is good but i wont be surprised (sadly) if its the same quality as Season 7.

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Season 5 was half good and half bad (Dorne was atrocious though, especially compared to the books). Season 6 kind of saved itself because it had many really great moments and a damn good finale although the writing was bad already there.

Season 7 sucked.

So i hope Season 8 is good but i wont be surprised (sadly) if its the same quality as Season 7.

The first 4 episode is good imho 

Just now, fabiopazzo2 said:

The first 4 episode is good imho 

Of Season 7? Yeah, technically its definetly competently made and the dragon scenes in Episode 4 were genuinely awesome. But its 100% fanservice and thats just not the outcome of this story that i would imagine GRRM was intending with the song of ice and fire. Theres a reason he stopped watching the show years ago.

Everything after Episode 4 of Season 7 was genuinely awful though in my opinion, especially Episode 6. It all looks cool without question but its shallow.

Im bitter probably because GoT was the best show of all time in the first 4 seasons. And these later seasons just ... they just dropped the ball for me personally.

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Season 7 sucked.

Miguel Sapochnik is back, so you don't need to worry about that (though I liked 7 a lot despite its flaws).
When it comes to delivering on the big moments (key deaths, battles, concluding character arcs) GOT has usually knocked it out of the park, at least for me, so I'm very optimistic.

There might not be another show like GoT for a long time, TV is getting fragmented between rival streaming services and everyone is watching their own favorite niche series. Where will a masterpiece as critically acclaimed and popular as GoT come from? Even HBO hasn't been able to find a successor after a decade.

9 minutes ago, DAR said:

They say if you've read the books, you'll hate the last few seasons.  If you haven't read them then you'll love the last few seasons.   I'm in the later camp.

The books are just much more complex and ... intelligent. But they are also too vast and theres WAY too many important characters (especially in Book 5) to translate that all to TV. So i can definetly support the idea to make it all slimer for the show, but im just not ok with making things worse (like Dorne, which is awesome in the books and a joke in the show).

GoT is now basically a R-Rated blockbuster series for the masses. And theres nothing wrong with that, theres nothing wrong with you or anyone else enjoying these later seasons, who would i be to say otherwise?

I cant really enjoy it anymore though. Especially because of the butchering of some of my favourite book characters like Littlefinger or Arya.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 1