Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

8 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I Love It was awful. Mia Rose was fine but the show was BAD. The entire thing would be either in their house or in a disco where Olivia Ortiz was the DJ. It was terrible. TVI tried so hard with that and it ended up banished to Saturday mornings lmao.

Again, on RTP there is no pressure. Why would you go to TVI host a 7 PM show that would get pulled a month into his run when you can host a game show at 9 PM on RTP that lasts for 4-6 months with no pressure of leading?

See, I actually didn't mind it that much. I found that the characters, even though they were bruuuuuuuuuuuuutal stereotypes - we're talking borderline offensive stereotypes - were somewhat entertaining with their banter, the show was really well shot (loved the cinematography), and I liked the mystery with the mafia running the disco or whatever it was. But yes, Olívia Ortiz as a DJ who then had terminal cancer and went into drugs was hilarious :rofl:  I mean, I don't think the show was good or anything and I totally understand why it bombed hardcore, but I just enjoyed it a lot more than the awful final seasons of Morangos. A bit of a guilty pleasure, I might say. Same with the likes of Lua Vermelha: I know it wasn't good, but I'd take it over Morangos 8 and 9 in a heartbeat.

I know, you raised that point and it is a valid one. Hell, even Teresa Guilherme showed up on Tânia's new afternoon show earlier today, apparently :rofl:  Tbh she's been doing jackshit for what feels like years now, so good on her. She made a cameo on Cristina's show too already. Why not bring her back for Big Brother or whatever that new TVI reality show is gonna be instead of putting Goucha who is already overworked with Você na TV and MasterChef, and his image too burned both by his husband and the constant losses to SIC? He even lost to Cláudio fucking Ramos all week long, and that guy went from 26% to 20% in 5 days, yet Goucha couldn't gain up a dime.... he had apparently an hour of leadership on Thursday and that's it.

7 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

See, I actually didn't mind it that much. I found that the characters, even though they were bruuuuuuuuuuuuutal stereotypes - we're talking borderline offensive stereotypes - were somewhat entertaining with their banter, the show was really well shot (loved the cinematography), and I liked the mystery with the mafia running the disco or whatever it was. But yes, Olívia Ortiz as a DJ who then had terminal cancer and went into drugs was hilarious :rofl:  I mean, I don't think the show was good or anything and I totally understand why it bombed hardcore, but I just enjoyed it a lot more than the awful final seasons of Morangos. A bit of a guilty pleasure, I might say. Same with the likes of Lua Vermelha: I know it wasn't good, but I'd take it over Morangos 8 and 9 in a heartbeat.

WAIT WAIT WHAT? What in the actual ass? This is a show for a young audience, and they went with THAT? I had no idea her character took such a turn lmao.

Lua Vermelha, another disaster banished to weekend mornings. I am still not sure why that wasn't just 15-20 episodes and instead they went with 100 episodes or whatever for what was meant to air only Sunday nights.

7 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I know, you raised that point and it is a valid one. Hell, even Teresa Guilherme showed up on Tânia's new afternoon show earlier today, apparently :rofl:  Tbh she's been doing jackshit for what feels like years now, so good on her. She made a cameo on Cristina's show too already. Why not bring her back for Big Brother or whatever that new TVI reality show is gonna be instead of putting Goucha who is already overworked with Você na TV and MasterChef, and his image too burned both by his husband and the constant losses to SIC? He even lost to Cláudio fucking Ramos all week long, and that guy went from 26% to 20% in 5 days, yet Goucha couldn't gain up a dime.... he had apparently an hour of leadership on Thursday and that's it.

Goucha not beating Cláudio Ramos truly shows he needs to take a break from TV. Call me crazy but I actually think Maria Cerqueira alone last week would be able to pull it off because there would be some curiosity to see her alone and apparently she isn't bad. I do think Teresa Guilherme's image is dead as well so no point in bringing her back but Goucha hosting a new reality show is gonna end up badly as well ratings wise.

Speaking of Tânia, how did that went for her ratings wise yesterday?

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

WAIT WAIT WHAT? What in the actual ass? This is a show for a young audience, and they went with THAT? I had no idea her character took such a turn lmao.

Lua Vermelha, another disaster banished to weekend mornings. I am still not sure why that wasn't just 15-20 episodes and instead they went with 100 episodes or whatever for what was meant to air only Sunday nights.

Goucha not beating Cláudio Ramos truly shows he needs to take a break from TV. Call me crazy but I actually think Maria Cerqueira alone last week would be able to pull it off because there would be some curiosity to see her alone and apparently she isn't bad. I do think Teresa Guilherme's image is dead as well so no point in bringing her back but Goucha hosting a new reality show is gonna end up badly as well ratings wise.

Speaking of Tânia, how did that went for her ratings wise yesterday?

Yup, that's what her character was. They took the "live every day like your last one" saying way too seriously with her character and that's the plot they gave her. I swear I'm not joking.

I guess it wasn't that short because it would've been seen as too similar to Destino Imortal, which came out at the same time, and they wanted to make a full soap of it. But 100 episodes for a Sunday-only show? WTF? That shit would probably still be airing nowadays :rofl:

Maria was actually great from what I've seen of her solo on Você na TV. Way, way better than her and Goucha together. Though she was likely crushed by Cristina's return, which is a shame, but at least she's been proving her worth. Teresa Guilherme's image is dead, but Big Brother is a brand that sells itself and between her and Goucha, she has the less dead image atm due to her long absence. And as for Tânia, the premiere was pretty weak. She only achieved 210K viewers and 11.5% share. But the plus side is that she was close to TVI, since Fátima had 100K more viewers, but the share was only .2% higher (11.7%). Júlia handily dominated both (coming close to 500K viewers and 20% share).

7 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

i have no idea what the hell CJohn and Killswitch are talking about so I assume it's wrestling.

Portuguese channels wrestling, more especifically.

23 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yup, that's what her character was. They took the "live every day like your last one" saying way too seriously with her character and that's the plot they gave her. I swear I'm not joking.

I guess it wasn't that short because it would've been seen as too similar to Destino Imortal, which came out at the same time, and they wanted to make a full soap of it. But 100 episodes for a Sunday-only show? WTF? That shit would probably still be airing nowadays :rofl:

Maria was actually great from what I've seen of her solo on Você na TV. Way, way better than her and Goucha together. Though she was likely crushed by Cristina's return, which is a shame, but at least she's been proving her worth. Teresa Guilherme's image is dead, but Big Brother is a brand that sells itself and between her and Goucha, she has the less dead image atm due to her long absence. And as for Tânia, the premiere was pretty weak. She only achieved 210K viewers and 11.5% share. But the plus side is that she was close to TVI, since Fátima had 100K more viewers, but the share was only .2% higher (11.7%). Júlia handily dominated both (coming close to 500K viewers and 20% share).

Portuguese channels wrestling, more especifically.

225 episodes actually. I am shocked as you are when you read this. It should have been a 7 PM show and not a Sunday night show. What the hell were they thinking? I liked Destino Imortal. Sue me. It was fun for what it was plus it was like 6 episodes.

Fátima is on vacations I think? Isn't Leonor Poeiras hosting A Tarde é Sua right now? If that rating was with Fátima... I mean holy shit, that is dangerously close to losing to RTP. 

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

225 episodes actually. I am shocked as you are when you read this. It should have been a 7 PM show and not a Sunday night show. What the hell were they thinking? I liked Destino Imortal. Sue me. It was fun for what it was plus it was like 6 episodes.

Fátima is on vacations I think? Isn't Leonor Poeiras hosting A Tarde é Sua right now? If that rating was with Fátima... I mean holy shit, that is dangerously close to losing to RTP. 

Hey, I won't sue you because I liked Destino Imortal as well. Cheesy as fuck but it worked totally fine for what they were going for. Catarina Wallenstein is a legit Goddess btw (she's great in A Teia too). As a matter of fact, I really liked those mini-serieses that TVI did in the late 2000's/early 2010's, like 37, O Dom, Redenção, O Amor é um Sonho, etc.. Better than most soaps that air nowadays.

Yup, Leonor is hosting. The show was actually under 10% share between 4 and 6PM and lost in direct confrontation to both rivals, which is pitiful. It was already coming from a Godawful lead-in (Belmonte with only 10% share dead-on... still can't believe Amor Maior is actually beating it and by large margins, for fuck's sake), and it managed to do it all the justice in the world. Disastrous doesn't make these numbers justice.

8 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Hey, I won't sue you because I liked Destino Imortal as well. Cheesy as fuck but it worked totally fine for what they were going for. Catarina Wallenstein is a legit Goddess btw (she's great in A Teia too). As a matter of fact, I really liked those mini-serieses that TVI did in the late 2000's/early 2010's, like 37, O Dom, Redenção, O Amor é um Sonho, etc.. Better than most soaps that air nowadays.

Yup, Leonor is hosting. The show was actually under 10% share between 4 and 6PM and lost in direct confrontation to both rivals, which is pitiful. It was already coming from a Godawful lead-in (Belmonte with only 10% share dead-on... still can't believe Amor Maior is actually beating it and by large margins, for fuck's sake), and it managed to do it all the justice in the world. Disastrous doesn't make these numbers justice.

CANCEL TVI

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CJohn said:

CANCEL TVI

The show's final hour also got its ass royally kicked by the Avenida Brasil re-run, which all of a sudden became a huge hit after that week facing Belmonte, and probably by RTP's Portugal em Direto as well. Je to the sus.

If they don't reshape their daytime completely come September, they can beg to all the Ljubomirs, all the RAPs and all the Joana Ribeiros of the world but nothing will save them from disaster. Though, Cristina's return only amounted to 25% share this past Monday, weak by her standards. Probably Easter holiday + Cláudio Ramos week effect, but a cut on the Russian nonetheless. While Maria effectively maintained Goucha's results. So there is a glimmer of hope for them.............................? Nah, there isn't. They're doomed. Morangos is doomed. MasterChef is doomed. I'm not even sure if A Prisioneira is going to be enormously successful, cause how the fuck are they going to successfully market it (if they are to even try marketing, which they haven't lately) when nobody watches their daytime anymore and their primetime viewers are less by the day? :rofl:

9 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

The show's final hour also got its ass royally kicked by the Avenida Brasil re-run, which all of a sudden became a huge hit after that week facing Belmonte, and probably by RTP's Portugal em Direto as well. Je to the sus.

If they don't reshape their daytime completely come September, they can beg to all the Ljubomirs, all the RAPs and all the Joana Ribeiros of the world but nothing will save them from disaster. Though, Cristina's return only amounted to 25% share this past Monday, weak by her standards. Probably Easter holiday + Cláudio Ramos week effect, but a cut on the Russian nonetheless. While Maria effectively maintained Goucha's results. So there is a glimmer of hope for them.............................? Nah, there isn't. They're doomed. Morangos is doomed. MasterChef is doomed. I'm not even sure if A Prisioneira is going to be enormously successful, cause how the fuck are they going to successfully market it (if they are to even try marketing, which they haven't lately) when nobody watches their daytime anymore and their primetime viewers are less by the day? :rofl:

This is their biggest issue. This is where they lost. They need to reboot their daytime with strong marketing campaigns for their shows instead of throwing Belmonte into 6 PM with no marketing only to move it to 2 PM after 5 days (!!!!!) also with no marketing.

Cristina will go back to 30% share in no time. She just needs to fix what Cláudio Ramos broke.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carolwoodpr said:

Do any of you watch Jeopardy?  What do you think of James?

He's amazing to watch - his gambling will probably burn him before he gets close to Ken's total win streak, but he is way more fun and interesting to have on tv:)...and those gambling final totals - wow!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

@CJohn Did you know this was coming?

Legendary Cena getting all the best gigs in the world. First, he took over Transformers. Now, he is taking over the entire Nickelodeon.

44 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Legendary Cena getting all the best gigs in the world. First, he took over Transformers. Now, he is taking over the entire Nickelodeon.

But can he save TVI?  The ultimate challenge.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

@CJohn Did you know this was coming?

Did he make that haircut to look like a total dweeb on purpose for this show? Cause that's brilliant.

7 hours ago, DeeCee said:

But can he save TVI?  The ultimate challenge.

Nope. Nobody can.

Not even Chuck Norris. Or Chuck Testa.

Speaking of TVI, @CJohn, SIC is probably going to head into the Summer with either Comedy On The Edge or a Spanish format that's basically Make-A-Wish Foundation: The TV Show (called El Árbol de los Deseos) on Sundays. Doesn't sound like strong competition, right? Well, TVI's Sunday format going into the Summer........ Your Face Sounds Familiar. Again. For the billionth season. Because Dancing With The Stars proved that what sells is tired ass shows that used to be hosted by Cristina. And because Goucha is not enough of a loser right now, let's put him doing a show that's somehow even more overdone than Secret fucking Story at this point AGAIN. Haven't the last seasons of this show done disappointing results? And that was when TVI was actually still fucking successful.

EDIT: Wait, no, apparently it's gonna be for Rita Pereira and Teixeira, like DWTS was. Dear fucking Christ :rofl:  Do they not realize that DWTS was only successful (in its 2nd half, since the 1st one was floptastic) because the competition literally scared away the audience that it was gonna have? If Lip Sync Battle had been good from the beginning, it would have CRUSHED DWTS. And do they not see just how gigantic of a failure this new season of Raid The Cage is? Nah. They haven't gotten the memo that Rita is not the new Cristina yet. They're gonna flop so bad with Your Face Sounds Familiar and it's gonna be just pitiful to see.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

New Oscar rules: Hair/Makeup is now 5 nominees instead of 3, Foreign Language Film is now International Feature Film, animated and live-action short films can screen theatrically in both NY or LA to qualify. Also seems like Netflix is officially safe since the rule still stands that a movie needs to screen for a week in an LA theater.

https://www.oscars.org/news/academy-announces-rules-92nd-oscars

3 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Did he make that haircut to look like a total dweeb on purpose for this show? Cause that's brilliant.

Nope. Nobody can.

Not even Chuck Norris. Or Chuck Testa.

Speaking of TVI, @CJohn, SIC is probably going to head into the Summer with either Comedy On The Edge or a Spanish format that's basically Make-A-Wish Foundation: The TV Show (called El Árbol de los Deseos) on Sundays. Doesn't sound like strong competition, right? Well, TVI's Sunday format going into the Summer........ Your Face Sounds Familiar. Again. For the billionth season. Because Dancing With The Stars proved that what sells is tired ass shows that used to be hosted by Cristina. And because Goucha is not enough of a loser right now, let's put him doing a show that's somehow even more overdone than Secret fucking Story at this point AGAIN. Haven't the last seasons of this show done disappointing results? And that was when TVI was actually still fucking successful.

EDIT: Wait, no, apparently it's gonna be for Rita Pereira and Teixeira, like DWTS was. Dear fucking Christ :rofl:  Do they not realize that DWTS was only successful (in its 2nd half, since the 1st one was floptastic) because the competition literally scared away the audience that it was gonna have? If Lip Sync Battle had been good from the beginning, it would have CRUSHED DWTS. And do they not see just how gigantic of a failure this new season of Raid The Cage is? Nah. They haven't gotten the memo that Rita is not the new Cristina yet. They're gonna flop so bad with Your Face Sounds Familiar and it's gonna be just pitiful to see.

You are not fucking serious, are you? Rita Pereira and Pedro Teixeira are gonna host Your Face Sounds Familiar? THat is gonna bomb so hard. They should have gone with Goucha and Fátima.