Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

10 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

That tweet brought me back to twitter for a minute only to see that clay travis is calling Travis Kelce a woman for... dating Taylor Swift?

It's more that Travis Kelce did ads for the Covid vaccine and Bud Light instead of throwing tantrums about these things like a "real man" (lol). So Kelce also being linked avowed liberal Taylor Swift is just a cherry on top of the soy beta sundae for the easily triggered.

Now Twitter is digging up passages of Clay Travis' old books where he seemingly expresses pro-sexual harassment/assault tendencies (including of underage girls) and jokes(?) about pet killing, allegedly. Sucks to suck.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 3

I do think the first category is a little more thoughtfully integrated than whatever the Oscars did, but "it has to make at least 100$m domestically with 50$m from ww for a total of at least 150$m", we have such a feast or famine style of Box Office these days where movies either gross that much opening weekend or never reach 100$m domestically (with the few outliers of those who slowly gather money and end up reasonably well in the end), so we can guess the nominees (and most likely, this year's winner) months in advance.

• Disbelief 1

14 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I do think the first category is a little more thoughtfully integrated than whatever the Oscars did, but "it has to make at least 100$m domestically with 50$m from ww for a total of at least 150$m", we have such a feast or famine style of Box Office these days where movies either gross that much opening weekend or never reach 100$m domestically (with the few outliers of those who slowly gather money and end up reasonably well in the end), so we can guess the nominees (and most likely, this year's winner) months in advance.

Barbie is the winner

It's obvious 

3 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

Barbie is the winner

It's obvious 

Probably unless The Color Purple underwhelms and the fall festival comedies get canceled somehow: IDK, Poor Things gets deemed problematic once more people see it and The Holdovers gets sunk by Alexander Payne associations. Then the Globes could name Barbie in Comedy-Musical, Oppenheimer as the Box Office Hit and Drama would go to Killers of the Flower Moon or some movie peaking in December.

The Globes could really get a jump on the Oscars by having Stunt and Voiceover/MoCap performance categories.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Morieris said:

And the GOlden Globes continure to be a joke. What else is new?

lol thse live action/remakes of Disney movies confuse DirecTV all the time, they have the info For the 2023 version of Haunted Mansion while Disney is playing the 2003 version.

This isn't the first time. I've been unpleasantly startled upon seeing LA Lion King under the 1994 banner.

On 9/25/2023 at 10:59 PM, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

It's more that Travis Kelce did ads for the Covid vaccine and Bud Light instead of throwing tantrums about these things like a "real man" (lol). So Kelce also being linked avowed liberal Taylor Swift is just a cherry on top of the soy beta sundae for the easily triggered.

Now Twitter is digging up passages of Clay Travis' old books where he seemingly expresses pro-sexual harassment/assault tendencies (including of underage girls) and jokes(?) about pet killing, allegedly. Sucks to suck.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

Kelce is absolutely loving the attention of being linked to Taylor, a total 180 from Joe Alwyn in every sense. The guy has already starred in his own reality dating show:

Now his ex from that show has come out of the woodwork to warn Taylor (his camp has already denied the cheating allegations).

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/target-stores-theft-1.6979493

Is this happening in your local area? I notice a lot of stores have security guards now. Local grocery store has like 2 security guards at self check out watching everyone like a hawk. 

I don't believe it's only theft. I believe they can't compete with online retailers like Amazon, and I shop at Target. They have their own marketplace with people with better deals than their in-house stuff..

We have some kid posturing as security at our Target who probably couldn't stop any real thief.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morieris said:

I don't believe it's only theft. I believe they can't compete with online retailers like Amazon, and I shop at Target. They have their own marketplace with people with better deals than their in-house stuff..

We have some kid posturing as security at our Target who probably couldn't stop any real thief.

Issue is the stores seem closing in certain areas not overall which is interesting. (Amazon business has gone down a lot it self since covid ended, they closed a few warehouses in my area. Other stores have catched up online). 

Also mobs robbing stores is way more common then before. I dont know why people downplay this. There is literally new videos daily of this happening and it was rare before. 

I dont think shoplifting is much worse then before, it is just people are way more open and brazen about it. Before someone stole something and hid it and quietly walked out the store.

Now someone grabs a tv and runs out the store over his head (seen it firsthand at local walmart) lol.  

Any issue that becomes more visibile is seen as being much worse even if it is not much worse.  

Edited by Torontofan

5 hours ago, Torontofan said:

Issue is the stores seem closing in certain areas not overall which is interesting. (Amazon business has gone down a lot it self since covid ended, they closed a few warehouses in my area. Other stores have catched up online). 

Also mobs robbing stores is way more common then before. I dont know why people downplay this. There is literally new videos daily of this happening and it was rare before. 

I dont think shoplifting is much worse then before, it is just people are way more open and brazen about it. Before someone stole something and hid it and quietly walked out the store.

Now someone grabs a tv and runs out the store over his head (seen it firsthand at local walmart) lol.  

Any issue that becomes more visibile is seen as being much worse even if it is not much worse.  

ALl the stores closing down are in high crime areas. The shoplifting is making those locations lose money. Overall the Target Chain is doing fine. Simple as that.

Of course  some people will use this as an excuse ffor anti Business/Anti Capitalist posturing, since that is considered "cool and hip" at the moment.

• Like 3