Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, 75Live said:

Wentz is out for rest of game.  Trainers reactions seemed bad so this is probably the end of the Eagles season. Being from Philly and rooting for the teams is like getting kicked in the groin most years

Nah, not the end...the backup, Foles, is way better than any back up we've had.  I mean, he's no Wentz, but he'll be playing with no expectations and on "house money" behind a great O-line with really good RBs and WRs...the last time he did that, he made the Pro Bowl...so take heart, even if it's the worst, we and Minnesota might go head to head in a battle of the back ups...and we might win that...

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Nah, not the end...the backup, Foles, is way better than any back up we've had.  I mean, he's no Wentz, but he'll be playing with no expectations and on "house money" behind a great O-line with really good RBs and WRs...the last time he did that, he made the Pro Bowl...so take heart, even if it's the worst and Wentz is out til next season, we and Minnesota might go head to head in a battle of the back ups...and we might win that...

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Nah, not the end...the backup, Foles, is way better than any back up we've had.  I mean, he's no Wentz, but he'll be playing with no expectations and on "house money" behind a great O-line with really good RBs and WRs...the last time he did that, he made the Pro Bowl...so take heart, even if it's the worst, we and Minnesota might go head to head in a battle of the back ups...and we might win that...

umm...they don't have a great O line, part of the issue here.

House money isn't what this season was about.  You don't go 11-2 and just hope things happen or be happy with just getting to the playoffs.  They aren't getting to letting alone winning the Super Bowl with Foles and I like Foles.  There's now no guarantee of a bye, just one home game is set and now don't even know if they can win that depending on the opponent.

believe me I hope I am wrong about all that, but usually when you lose the MVP of the league, it doesn't lead to great things afterwards

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I was looking through random grosses on BOM, and did Zookeeper really get a 4x? :winomg: 

I remember there was a time when I was younger and thought it was a legitimately good movie.

• Like 1

I spoke with the manager at the theater asking about how the luxury lounger project on the left side was coming along while seeing The Disaster Artist today and she said that it's expected to be done by Star Wars on Friday, at which point they will be closing down all but the 4 biggest auditoriums (giving them 14 of their 20 screens open) on the right side until after the new year (when they will close down the entire side completely). They only booking Star Wars on 3-4 screens for opening weekend because they are getting Ferdinand and possibly The Shape of Water and then are expected to get a whooping 9 (!) new movies between December 20-25. What fun.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

Saw Better Watch Out. What a putrid movie. I hate these horror movies where a character is tied the whole way and the agressor kills people that tries to help in ingenious ways. I mean, what's the fucking point?

If you're going to say male entitlement, don't even bother.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Hot Take: Grown Ups 2 is... okay.

It is better to watch than say Jack and Jill, Pixels, and most of Sandler’s 2010s fare.

I'll admit I've gotten a few solid laughs out of the Grown Ups series

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 75Live said:

umm...they don't have a great O line, part of the issue here.

House money isn't what this season was about.  You don't go 11-2 and just hope things happen or be happy with just getting to the playoffs.  They aren't getting to letting alone winning the Super Bowl with Foles and I like Foles.  There's now no guarantee of a bye, just one home game is set and now don't even know if they can win that depending on the opponent.

believe me I hope I am wrong about all that, but usually when you lose the MVP of the league, it doesn't lead to great things afterwards

I agree losing "Baby Brady" hurts a lot...but the silver lining is that the other thing the Eagles have now lost is the overwhelming expectation they were supposed to make the Super Bowl by pretty much the entire football fan base.  Pressure is off for everybody.  And sometimes, being able to play pressure-free is an incredibly valuable thing...

They also get the advantage of "no worries" time to get Foles brought up to speed.  Hopefully, they play a pretty base offense for the next 3 weeks and then bring out the fireworks in the playoffs...I mean, they are already a #4...if they get the #1, that's great...but if they fall to #2 or #3 and keep everyone else healthy, that might be just as valuable.  This year, no one's been immune to injuries and the Eagles are the only team right now that can sit back a little bit and play strategically...

• Like 1