Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

mother!'s third act (and the movie as a whole) loses absolutely none of its luster on a rewatch. In fact, it hits even harder. JLaw is so fucking great in this movie; I'll be shocked if I see a better performance from another 2017 movie.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Spotlight is one of my favorite movies of the few years. It's up there with Gone Girl and Fury Road in multiple viewings because it's so damn great. 

I feel like I won't watch it again for a while, it's way too gut wrenching.

• Like 1

I haven't seen Spotlight in awhile but it didn't really strike me as a "tough watch" in the strictest sense. It pretty much completely avoids depicting the icky details and seems fine-tuned for high school journalism classes. Probably could've been PG-13, tbh.  

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

38 specials?  Dang!  I rotate and get in about 5-10 tv specials and movies, so I don't get sick of them...and I add something new every year (I got 2 new things this year already with the Christmas Story Live and the Frozen special)...helps keep the season fresher and less "one more thing I have to do", when I'm the mom who already has a list of all the things I have to do:)...

1 hour ago, Lor San Tele said:

Christopher Plummer really is the best. About getting cast in some reshoots:

“Just learn your lines, for crying out loud, as quickly as you possibly can. And stay off the booze for the first three days at least, so you have a clear mind.”

If he gets nominated, he will set the record for the closest distance between being casted and getting nominated, and by a crazy enormous margin too I imagine.

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

If he gets nominated, he will set the record for the closest distance between being casted and getting nominated, and by a crazy enormous margin too I imagine.

It'd be incredible if the three Globe nominations+Screenplay happened at the Oscars :ohmygod: