Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Damn I can't believe I missed that entire convo... because I was studying for my... college classes :whosad:

Anyways, @Ethan Hunt @WrathOfHan @That One Guy you guys are going to have a great couple of years, if you're able to translate your confidence on the internet into real life. I'm kind of the opposite, where I'm pretty reserved on here, but definitely a bit less so in real life. And yea, not all your problems get solved when you enter a new environment, because it's up to you to solve them.

I'm the same age as you guys, and the only reason my post count isn't as high is just cause I can't physically spend enough time on this site, or else I'd be in the 30k range as well. When you guys say stuff that other members help you out with, or even laugh at, I'm here in the corner reading it all and noticing how similar my problems are to yours. Han, both my sister and I have depression, and she also has really bad anxiety. But it doesn't stop us from going out, socializing, and having fun. Nobody is going to judge you for being late in the game, I remember my first party I went to I was like some sort of guest of honour because it was my first party.

ThatOneGuy, you've got one of the most outgoing personalities I know, and I don't even know you. Sure you might be immature at times, but whatever, we all are. If you can take your personality and put yourself out there with it, you won't need your parents to tell your problems to. 

Ethan, you've probably been my closest friend on this site for the past 3 years. And it scares me how similar we are at times... But honestly, stressing about what you're going to do in the future is worthless, because one way or another things will work out. I had no clue what I was going to do after I graduated until one day I was reading the weekend thread for The Great Wall and realized that staying in town and taking classes here for a year was also an option. 

fuck... I really wish I hadn't missed that convo. Cause boy do I also have shit going on in my life :lol: 

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 4

I didn't read the last few pages but I can't blame people for kvetching about their lives here since talking about movies hasn't been a whole lot of fun since the Star Wars backlash, and morale about the box office doesn't look to be improving anytime soon. 

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I didn't read the last few pages but I can't blame people for kvetching about their lives here since talking about movies hasn't been a whole lot of fun since the Star Wars backlash, and morale about the box office doesn't look to be improving anytime soon. 

Black Panther's (which is looking to explode) about to bring joy back to discussing box office on BOT.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Black Panther's (which is looking to explode) about to bring joy back to discussing box office on BOT.

Maybe, but it also looks like a nerd war waiting to happen; and once it's done we'll be right back here again.

Edited by tribefan695

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Maybe. I think it's gonna be massive but even a mild underperformance (less than 300) would probably bring out the racists.

27 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm hoping for a fun run from some award-bait. Maybe Tonya or Shape can do a Revenant/HF.

Greta Gerwig becomes the latest person to say they regret working with Woody Allen:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/greta-gerwig-says-she-regrets-working-woody-allen-1073523

Ugh why did Lil' Timmy Tim have to make his follow-up to his breakout year a film by him (one in which a main plotline is an affair between a young woman and an older man)? At least no one's gonna hold it against him due to his age (plus he made it before all of the recent stuff). The days when he used to get talent like Emma Stone or Scarlett Johansson on board definitely seem to be over though. Honestly don't know why anyone would be eager to sign on for his stuff considering his post-Blue Jasmine output anyway unless they really needed the money.

• Like 2

The presenters for the Critics Choice Awards tomorrow (hosted by Olivia Munn @MrPink) have been announced and man, anyone who turns into the show who doesn't follow movies/TV closely (and perhaps some people who do) is gonna look at most of these presenters and be like:

Image result for who the fuck are these people gif

Among the celebrities confirmed to present are Chris Hemsworth, Julianne Hough, Sarah Hyland, Patty Jenkins, Nick Jonas, Joe Keery, Diane Kruger, Justina Machado, Dacre Montgomery, and Kumail Nanjiani.

Jim Parsons, Jay Pharoah, Norman Reedus, Sebastian Stan, Jaimie Alexander, Anthony Anderson, Sean Astin, Rachel Bloom, Kate Bosworth, Alison Brie, Tituss Burgess, Kaley Cuoco, Natalia Dyer, Joseph Fiennes, Jim Gaffigan, and David Harbour will also present during the celebration of 2017’s outstanding films and television series.

https://www.showbizjunkies.com/news/critics-choice-awards-2018-presenters/

35 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Greta Gerwig becomes the latest person to say they regret working with Woody Allen:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/greta-gerwig-says-she-regrets-working-woody-allen-1073523

Ugh why did Lil' Timmy Tim have to make his follow-up to his breakout year a film by him (one in which a main plotline is an affair between a young woman and an older man)? At least no one's gonna hold it against him due to his age (plus he made it before all of the recent stuff). The days when he used to get talent like Emma Stone or Scarlett Johansson on board definitely seem to be over though. Honestly don't know why anyone would be eager to sign on for his stuff considering his post-Blue Jasmine output anyway unless they really needed the money.

You know that I have the biggest crush on Timmy, but I think he's in the wrong for signing up for the new Allen joint. Yeah, he's a young actor who needs work and to build his resume, but even before Me Too, Dylan Farrow's articles and pieces were still fresh and relevant. You would think Chalamet's agent would tell him to do a double take.