Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

it's honestly while watching feud that the thought occurred to me that "wait a second... has stanley tucci been the best part of every project he's ever been in? i think he has!"

It's amazing how many really atrocious movies he's been in tho

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Phantom Thread and CMBYN are both expanding near me but at the shitty theater :whosad: I could drive 40 minutes to see them at a slightly better theater, but I still have other movies to see.

We all know you'll see 12 Strong: The Really Long Subtitle to Make Up for the Fact We Couldn't Call It "Horse Soldiers" Cause That's Lame.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

We all know you'll see 12 Strong: The Really Long Subtitle to Make Up for the Fact We Couldn't Call It "Horse Soldiers" Cause That's Lame.

I might see it in a couple of weeks if I run out of things to see, but The Post/Jumanji/Paddington/I Tonya are still waiting for me.

I'm honestly not at all upset about getting thread banned from the sexual harassment thread @The Last AndyLL. It's become a total dumpster fire that I really want no part of anymore (to the point that I don't want to be credited as its "creator" since a post of mine moved from this section is what unofficially kicked it off). Thank you.

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm honestly not at all upset about getting thread banned from the sexual harassment thread @The Last AndyLL. It's become a total dumpster fire that I really want no part of anymore (to the point that I don't want to be credited as its "creator" since a post of mine moved from this section is what unofficially kicked it off). Thank you.

Threadbans are being handed out? *runs over to the thread*

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

I'll ask the adults in here: is it weird for a 28 year old to apply for an internship? 

Depends on what type, if it's paid or unpaid, and how much experience in the industry you already have...

For example, if it's a paid professional internship at a Big 4 accounting firm, and you were a non-traditionally aged college student (due to military service, delay in attending due to money, going back to school after working awhile), it would be perfectly normal...

But if you're a college grad with 5 years of audit experience at a small accounting firm, and you applied to be an intern at the Big 4...that would be weird...

So, the answer is...it depends:)...

12 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

I'll ask the adults in here: is it weird for a 28 year old to apply for an internship? 

I have a friend who was 32 and interning last year.

Of course, he was in grad school so he had a built in excuse in terms of what he was occupying his time with