Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I sent two links in an email to a class I’m an assistant for.  I literally got an email saying, “I wasn’t able to click on the links you sent.” (And it wasn’t because they didn’t work because a lot of the class had already accessed the docs I sent.  I can see who viewed and responded on the pages)

Apparently we need to do a better job teaching students to copy and paste links?

Edited by New Year New Panda

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Fucking hell, Migos is currently taking up 18/50 on the US Spotify charts, and that's not even including solo stuff :ohmygod: 

Oh, and Timberlake released this with no fanfare. Watching now:

It's not Supplies.

Spoiler

I like this one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Thought about seeing The Shape of Water in 40 minutes but decided against it. Going to the movies by yourself on the weekend is weird as fuck :kitschjob::whosad: 

the fact that your thought process led you there is legit pretty weird. absolutely no one else there would care.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

JT wisely let's Chris take most of the spotlight. Good song. And I'm actually coming around on "Filthy." It's a fun song

Supplies is still garbage

Lol i actually like Supplies the most, but none will set the charts on fire

Most of my friends only want to go see MCU stuff plus a few other blockbusters.  So if I’m not home (where I can drag family to see stuff with me) I usually just go by myself to see stuff like Blade Runner, The Post, Call me by your name, etc.

Nothing wrong with going by yourself, especially when all of your friends are casuals.  

• Sad 1

Idk. It feels like people go out to the movies with their friends, family, or partner on the weekend because it's a common date/hangout spot. I have none of those (well I have family but none of them would see fishsex).

1 minute ago, New Year New Panda said:

Most of my friends only want to go see MCU stuff plus a few other blockbusters.  So if I’m not home (where I can drag family to see stuff with me) I usually just go by myself to see stuff like Blade Runner, The Post, Call me by your name, etc.

Nothing wrong with going by yourself, especially when all of your friends are casuals.  

Well, I go by myself all the time....... during the week.

for me it's about 50/50 by myself and with other people. first time i went to the movies by myself was when i was like 13. and gasp i think it was on a weekend. honestly i never had that stupid teenage self-conscious mental block that made me feel weird about seeing a movie by myself. like i say no one else there gives a fuck so why should you?

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 3

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

for me it's about 50/50 by myself and with other people. first time i went to the movies by myself was when i was like 13. and gasp i think it was on a weekend. honestly i never had that stupid teenage self-conscious mental block that made me feel weird about seeing a movie by myself. like i say no one else there gives a fuck so why should you?

Because I'm hard on myself and believe people will think to themselves that I am a loser for going by myself on the weekend.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Because I'm hard on myself and believe people will think to themselves that I am a loser for going by myself on the weekend.

Everybody's there to watch the movie, not judge people based on whether they are alone or not. Nobody gives a fuck.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I’ve never even paid attention to people at a theater.  The only time I’ve judged someone is when they’re either obnoxious and draw attention to themselves or they bring their 5 year old to a late night showing of the Revenant.

21 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Thought about seeing The Shape of Water in 40 minutes but decided against it. Going to the movies by yourself on the weekend is weird as fuck :kitschjob::whosad: 

No one gives a shit. I used to go to the movies by myself all the time.