Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

well this is my point actually. Failing school does not mean your life will be a waste and ruined. Not doing your school work does not mean you will be stuck on minimum wage.

It simply isn't true, I am walking living breathing proof. I landed myself a £20K/year job just under a year after I got kicked out of school. It's allowed me to move out from my parents and be independent, and have a little money on the side to do things I enjoy. It is enough, and I don't see why I would need anything more :) 

I appreciate that UK has higher employment than the US but even so, i think my point stands.

Not all non graduate jobs are minimum wage. That is simply rubbish. There are plenty of decent office jobs, among many many other things. Even supermarket jobs at least here in the UK pays a lot more than minimum wage.

Edited by Tree Billboards

Speaking of.  I am still rooting for the Eagles to win, they have the most former Wisconsin Badgers so that's a big fact.  And their defense is better than the Patriots but I don't think Nick Foles can play out of his mind two games in a row.  And well the Patriots always find a way.  28-20 Pats

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

They're doing an impeccable job of building tension out of a story where the outcome to everything is known. Everything leading up to

Hide contents

Cunnanan's murder of Lee Miglin and then the murder itself

was incredibly disturbing.

Acting has been pretty great across the board too. Darren Criss is obviously the one who's gonna get most of the love for this, and deservedly so, but Edgar Ramirez, Penelope Cruz, and (in this most recent episode) Judith Light all deserve Emmy nominations as well.

yeah I was completely surprised about Judith Light.  First even being in the show and then her performance

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

Man of the Woods is okay, but I wouldn't trade it for one Pusher Love Girl. Anytime an artist includes his celebrity spouse doing a spoken word track, it's automatically losing a couple of points. @MrPink

I just started the Spotify listen. I'll be out of the woods in an hour 

Spoiler

Yeah I deserve a few Apoc faces for that one

• Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Am I and I'm guessing @DAR the only ones watching this season of American Crime Story? This is some seriously chilling stuff, people.

yeah i keep hearing it's good like i do with most shows these days i'll watch it all in one heap when it's finished.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Man of the Woods is okay, but I wouldn't trade it for one Pusher Love Girl. Anytime an artist includes his celebrity spouse doing a spoken word track, it's automatically losing a couple of points. @MrPink

Ok now I'm struggling to bite my tongue here 3 tracks in.

It's fine. 20/20 was fine too. Futuresex/Lovesounds one of the best major albums of the entire 21st century. All pales in comparison! I like that midnight summer love or whatever its called joint on this alot though. 

I would take the transition from Lovestoned to I Think She Knows over this entire album.

Edited by Cmasterclay

it's not that good but i like it a little more than 20/20. it's not as ridiculous as all that it one of the most frustrating albums. if strawberry bubblegum was a 3.5 minute song it would be a GREAT song but it's 8 minutes for no reason.

Edited by CoolioD1

Yea at least this doesn't have 20/20's length problems. I don't get the long album thing. Culture II is good in alot of places but every Migos song is 5 minutes long and the album feels like five hours. It's getting insane. Dedication 6 is two and a half fucking hours! Illmatic was ten tracks long, people. This has been an issue forever - the best Beatles album is about 1/3rd as long as the most famous two. 

• Like 1

I really like 20/20 Part 1 on average, but yeah a lot of those tracks should have been no longer than 5 minutes. Also, cut Spaceship Coupe 

Future Sex Love Sounds is pretty much excellent from Tracks 1-6 and the rest is pretty good.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1