Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

Don't live in a bubble man.

I’m sorry but Glenn Beck and his chalkboard have nothing to offer me.

I’m all for checking out news on the left and right, I do it with UK and international news all time, but American conservatism is far too rooted in appalling backwards Christian fundamentalism and bigotry for me to believe these people have anything to offer.

The US Right still argue over vaccinations, evolution and sex ed being taught in schools, and the right to an abortion in the 2017. The shit is insane and I’ll have nothing to do with it’s madness.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I saw a little kid dressed as Ghostface walking around with his siblings (dressed as Elsa and Superman, respectively) with a fake bloody knife in his hand this evening at the mall. That is just wrong wrong wrong.

I was Ghostface for Halloween in like 3rd grade :lol:.  It even had a mask where you could squirt fake blood into the inside of the plastic on the mask.

Edited by That One Guy

12 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Next they will spin click-bait article and make a story about some sensational stuff someone said on Reddit, they kind of already do with tweets.

Ah, the Daily Mail method. 10 people on twitter = Everyone on Earth.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Also there was a story in my area about white kids that were dressed up as Freddie Gray and were using the N word in their Snapchat story along with it. As far as I’m concerned, going as Ghostface is fucking nothing.

I hope their parents are ashamed. Cause they should be.

Pretty slow around my place. 70 or so kids, which is really low compared to previous years. We still had our "regulars" and groups of kids, but it was really quiet this year.

Its a good thing I've memorized our Halloween setup and only took me like an hour to get all the animatronics and the fog machines up and running.

• Like 1

Nobody has come which is good because a) We live in New Zealand, no one does Halloween here and b) I live on a 70kph road with no footpaths so I would hope that nobody would be silly enough to let their kids go trick-or-treating around here.

Edited by aabattery

1 hour ago, DAR said:

Trick or Treat was Saturday for me but I wasn't home.  Though it hasn't been as fun to pass out candy since most of the the trick or treaters  are teenagers and well fuck that I ain't given them candy 

Nah, I give all teens candy...I'd much prefer them doing something community-oriented and fun that brings everyone together than other alternatives for the night (I'm old enough to remember the mischief part of the Halloween holiday - don't wanna bring that back).  As long as you wear a costume, you get candy in my book - heck, I offered every parent candy and a few took it:)...

So, spread the sugar wealth and just think of it as an act of kindness getting spread...who knows then that neighborhood kid might help you out?:) 

• Like 1