Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 minutes ago, The Last AndyLL said:

Sex doesn't always require 2 people

You're either implying I can do it alone or with 3+. If the former, that's not sex m8. If it's the latter, that still requires at least 2 people :sadno: (Also that's kinda a nono for me)

• Like 1

Just now, grim22 said:

Is it weird that my first thought was "God, I hope the last movie he was in wasn't that Fantastic Four reboot," until I saw it was The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks and was relieved.

But man, he certainly wasn't old. We've lost too many good actors this week :( 

Just now, tribefan695 said:

Loneliness does suck, but it's still preferable to ending up stuck with someone who you have no connection with because your finances and family force you to stay together.

Well, yeah. But what if you find someone you really like and want to spend the rest of your life with?

40 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I mean, I don't just go up to a girl and decide on that day if I'd like to date her. I mean hell, it took me a month to ask the girl that rejected me out. My life is just so....... empty. This sounds really fucking dumb, but there's a void in my life that needs to be filled.

Now, see, no one else can fill that for you...

It's something you need to find and fill for yourself.  Some folks turn to faith, some folks turn to charity, some folks turn to hobbies, some folks turn to work, some folks turn to booze/drugs, some folks turn to self-improvement, some folks turn to meditation and introspection, etc, etc...Now, some of those things are probably better choices than others...but all of them involve you choosing something to fill the void yourself and not hoping some other person will magically just "make you whole."  You have to find what makes you whole.  Literally no one else can do that for you - no spouse, no child, no parent, no friend - and expecting them to usually leads to heartache on all sides...  

I mean, when you get married sacramentally, they say "2 people become 1" - it's not 2 halves of people become 1 b/c you're supposed to be a "full" person going into it...

• Like 4

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

It's something you need to find and fill for yourself.  Some folks turn to faith, some folks turn to charity, some folks turn to hobbies, some folks turn to work, some folks turn to booze/drugs, some folks turn to self-improvement, some folks turn to meditation and introspection, etc, etc...Now, some of those things are probably better choices than others...but all of them involve you choosing something to fill the void yourself and not hoping some other person will magically just "make you whole."  You have to find what makes you whole.  Literally no one else can do that for you - no spouse, no child, no parent, no friend - and expecting them to usually leads to heartache on all sides...  

I mean, when you get married sacramentally, they say "2 people become 1" - it's not 2 halves of people become 1 b/c you're supposed to be a "full" person going into it...

hey this is what caused my mental breakdown yayyyy

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

so wise, second favourite mom

• Like 2