Alli

WEEKEND Thread | 'Jigsaw' -16.2M; TYFYS- 3.7M; Suburbicon- 2.8M

Just now, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Possible but iffy for 400m: I2 and IW

Doubtful but I suppose it’s possible: SOLO

Why so low for I2? I mean, Dory did nearly 500, and I don't think I've ever heard of a more-demanded sequel than Incredibles.

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

It'll be lucky to do 100M

Yea, I'm thinking 40/110 for it

Just now, DAJK said:

Why so low for I2? I mean, Dory did nearly 500, and I don't think I've ever heard of a more-demanded sequel than Incredibles.

Yea, I'm thinking 40/110 for it

Nemo made a lot more than Incredibles tho.

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Although I’m thinking GV2 numbers for Solo, both it and Deadpool 2 will be the causalities Of Summer 2018. Only Infinity War, Incredibles 2, and Fallen Kingdom will thrive.

Something's moving to September. My money is on Star Wars, although what if they gave Solo the November spot and put Nutcracker in Memorial Day? Considering that one finished shooting a while ago.

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

The Incredibles just flat out isn't as beloved as Nemo. Feel like it'll do TS3 numbers

Coco will likely be the last animated film of 2017 to do $150M+, the highest grossing animated/family movie before I2 but after Coco will be Peter Rabbit which will barely do over $100M. Paddington 2 won’t do much, Gnomes is Smurfs 3 2.0, and sadly no one cares about Isle of Dogs. 

TI2’s family competition is HT3 (which can pull a KFP3) and TTG (which is looking at $100M at most.)

Edited by YourMother
  • Thanks 1

Just now, aabattery said:

Nemo made a lot more than Incredibles tho.

To be fair, Nemo "only" made 340 in its initial run. Incredibles was about 80M under that. Given the demand for its sequel vs the general excitement-but-still-unsure-of of a Finding Nemo sequel, as well as the fact that (while some people argue that they are on the decline) Superhero movies are freaking popular right now.

6 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Although I’m thinking GV2 numbers for Solo, both it and Deadpool 2 will be the causalities Of Summer 2018. Only Infinity War, Incredibles 2, and Fallen Kingdom will thrive.

Nah, I wouldn't take any position this far out (except JW2 will never hit the heights of #1)...bad sequels will get torched - good ones will get a chance to see some high numbers...plus, bad marketing will lead to failure and great marketing will lead to getting above the pack...

So, til we see a lot more info on these films, deciding which is highest is a crapshoot at best...when you pack a very tight schedule, quality and marketing win in sequel/reboot land, so you better bring them both or be ready for some drastic drops from initial films...

The most I'd say is that for supers movies, I feel most confident in Black Panther's and Aquaman's success...IW will have to not seem like a commercial for the 2nd one for me to put it in this "gonna fly high" confident category...everything else, who knows at this point...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

It’s prone to internet hype. 

I guess so. At the same time, I haven't met a single person who hasn't seen/loved Incredibles.

i know I know, "I've only met a handful of people in my life blah blah blah" but at the same time, I know tons of people who have never seen Star Wars. And that's a hugely hyped movie on the internet :lol: