Alli

WEEKEND Thread | 'Jigsaw' -16.2M; TYFYS- 3.7M; Suburbicon- 2.8M

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Something's moving to September. My money is on Star Wars, although what if they gave Solo the November spot and put Nutcracker in Memorial Day? Considering that one finished shooting a while ago.

Moving a Christmas movie to Memorial Day weekend...ummmmm, maybe there's a better option...

1 minute ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Deadpool 2 will do $280-$300 million domestic. Solo will more than likely either move or stay. Hopefully no more re-shoots. 

I don't really understand the big drops predicted for Deadpool 2. Sure, I think it'll be difficult to increase from the first, but at the same time there never really was any backlash from the first. And there seems to be enough hype that it can match #1's opening weekend (I'm going to say around 140). Even with buckets of competition in the following weeks, the only way it doesn't make 300M+ is if it's a total shitfest. 

6 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Coco will likely be the last animated film of 2017 to do $150M+, the highest grossing animated/family movie before I2 but after Coco will be Peter Rabbit which will barely do over $100M. Paddington 2 won’t do much, Gnomes is Smurfs 3 2.0, and sadly no one cares about Isle of Dogs. 

TI2’s family competition is HT3 (which can pull a KFP3) and TTG (which is looking at $100M at most.)

If Peter Rabbit is as godawful as the trailers suggest, it'll lucky to do $70-80m domestic. I'm gunning for Lionsgate to actually market Early Man so it can score a decent OW and total

• Like 1

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

DM3 was that this summer and it didn't break $300M...

After a shitty spinoff which killed off adult appeal domestically. Also that helped give DM3 great legs.

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I honestly think that the fact that IW isn't being sold as a "Part 1" is going to do wonders for its box office

Yes and no...if critics know it was going in and then feel it still is a part 1, it could get torched in reviews...I mean, I know it was and many supers followers know it was originally a part 1...and probably still is, no matter how much they say it's not...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

If Peter Rabbit is as godawful as the trailers suggest, it'll lucky to do $70-80m domestic. I'm gunning for Lionsgate to actually market Early Man so it can score a decent OW and total

It’s going to be option B for families against Black Panther and With nothing else after Ferdinand and Jumanji (P2 might be distributed by someone else) it should have a nice run. Early Man will be lucky to do $25M.

Edited by YourMother

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Moving a Christmas movie to Memorial Day weekend...ummmmm, maybe there's a better option...

Lmao to be fair i don't even know what the fuck the Nutcracker is :lol: just assumed it was a Disney remake of some really old animation. 

If solo moves, would it be too close to Avengers to put Deadpool on that date, to give it a few extra weeks before the June slate hits?

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Move Solo or Dead2ool to August.

Deadpool into the Suicide Squad spot could be a good move...would probably force Predator off the date and would set up as a great "back to college" movie and a "wind down summer with humor" movie that seemed to work for SS...

That probably helps all the early summer movies, although if Deadpool, quality-wise is the best of them (b/c it's marketing always seems spot on), it still might not be a great move for Deadpool itself...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Lmao to be fair i don't even know what the fuck the Nutcracker is :lol: just assumed it was a Disney remake of some really old animation. 

If solo moves, would it be too close to Avengers to put Deadpool on that date, to give it a few extra weeks before the June slate hits?

Think of that Christmas ballet you were subjected to every year as a kid...

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Deadpool into the Suicide Squad spot could be a good move...would probably force Predator off the date and would set up as a great "back to college" movie and a "wind down summer with humor" movie that seemed to work for SS...

That probably helps all the early summer movies, although if Deadpool, quality-wise is the best of them (b/c it's marketing always seems spot on), it still might not be a great move for Deadpool itself...

Fox can move Predator to September, there’s nothing there in the first place and K2 did good business.

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Think of that Christmas ballet you were subjected to every year as a kid...

Hahaha nope, only ever watched Grinch, Elf, Frosty etc. 

Only time ive ever heard of "Nutcracker" was this M&M's toy I used to have where you'd put the candy in the back of his head and it would spit it out of his mouth when you hit the button. But I thought it was just Xmas themed to sell units around the holidays