aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

When Ridley's and Boyega's contracts with star wars are up that's when we'll be able to tell if they'll have good careers outside of SW.  I don't know if this is allowed or not, but it wouldn't surprise me if their contract with Disney includes limitations on what kinds of other movies they are able to do.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

I may be stating the obvious to anyone who's not dumb/brainwashed, but we finally have concrete evidence that the ridiculously high and underserved RT scores for Marvel movies are a result of payola and shading dealings. 

Lol.  I hope this is sarcasm.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

My Lord, I fear for the Justice League Weekend Thread. Might actually have to bring Thor's hammer to keep everything in control for that one.

I’ve had fear for that when the original JL thread closed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Wonder women getting rave reviews destroys the whole argument of an anti dc bias.

Just dc should continue making good movies 

I think Wonder Woman got a positive handicap shift of being one good DC movie. 

38 minutes ago, YourMother said:

On a side note, while doing a theater report for DH2, Orient and JL, I noticed The Star has Thursday previews and it’s doing somewhat well at my theater surprisingly.

Christian fanboys I’m guessing. :sparta:

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Christian fanboys I’m guessing. :sparta:

Maybe. Christian movies tend to have decent presales. It’s doing more than DH2 and OE combined.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Note: Rolling Thunder for WOKJ thinks DH2 and OE can both go sub $20M on OW.

I'm pretty confident Daddy's Home will go under 20M and potentially under 17M, but I think Orient Express can squeak past 20M.

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It’s whether anyone else will turn up is another matter entirely! 

I think a $10M-$15M OW would be fine for it since Arthur Christmas and Lost Village opened in that range. It’d be something if my Tele fail attempt club actually comes through.

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm pretty confident Daddy's Home will go under 20M and potentially under 17M, but I think Orient Express can squeak past 20M.

That’s bad for DH2. It’s Paramount’s last hope for the year.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1