aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

10 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

oh yeah I forgot.  any movie that isn't based on a spandex comic is not worth paying the price of admission.  i missed that part.

My theory is spandex comic book movies do well because they are usualky well above the usual fare released each weekend.

If they were not the superhero films would have crashed a long time ago 

1 minute ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Wonder Woman: 38,2M (fri) + 35,2M (sat -7,8%) + 29,75M (sun -15,6%)

Thor: Ragnarok: 46,8M (fri) + 43M (sat -6,6%) + ...

Thor is holding better than WW did. If it follows the same pattern, saturday number could be 36,3M for a total 126,1M ow. 

Never gonna have that kind of Sunday drop..... 121-122 is the max unless Saturday goes higher than 43m can't compare a Summer Sunday with a middle of the school year one.

STX should have just made a standard sequel and release it in the Summer. R rated comedies don't work in the holidays. And Paramount not releasing DH2 on Christmas day is beyond retarded.

Just now, filmlover said:

I'm worried that Molly's Game might very well bomb. Just hopefully not anywhere nearly as bad as Miss Sloane did.

Almost nothing can bomb that hard.... :ph34r:

I am a huge Sorkin fan so would love for this to do well.

Just now, CJohn said:

They should have just made a standard sequel and release it in the Summer. R rated comedies don't work in the holidays. And Paramount not releasing DH2 on Christmas day is beyond retarded.

I think the comedy sequel curse would've struck no matter what.

Just now, CJohn said:

They should have just made a standard sequel and release it in the Summer. R rated comedies don't work in the holidays. And Paramount not releasing DH2 on Christmas day is beyond retarded.

DH2 would’ve been screwed either way. It’d have to deal with Ferdinand, Jumanji and Showman.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm worried that Molly's Game might very well bomb. Just hopefully not anywhere nearly as bad as Miss Sloane did.

I doubt it goes as low as Sloane. This one has amazing reviews where Sloane was more mixed.

edit Sloane had a 75% but no one cared about it

Edited by WrathOfHan

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The vast major of comedy sequels  don't work because comedy is not a genre built for sequels like action adventure movies. 

Which is why you get stuck with the same plots in different settings, gimmicks, or waiting 10 or 20 years to release a sequel. 22 Jump Street is still my favorite comedy sequel. 

• Like 2