Impact

Best Actor-2012 thread

Since we all have seen it already. ;)Just wish they cast an American in that role.Also its hard to get a 3rd acting Oscar. Only 2 males have ever done it. Jack Nicolson and Walter Brenan.PLUS only Katherine Hepburn has won more then 2 lead Oscars.That was something that people brought up for Hanks in 2000.

I know you shouldn't judge a performance by a trailer but Bill Murray looks god awful to me as FDR in the Hyde Park on Hudson trailer. I mean good grief, people complained about Williams as Monroe last year but now here is a case of true miscasting. He doesn't even attempt to sound like FDR nor did they try to make him look like him. Will be surprised if he gets much praise.

Edited by MovieMan89

^Leo looked and sounded nothing like Howard Hughes. Sean Penn looked nothing like Milk (no clue what he sounded like though). Both actors nominated for Richard Nixon looked and sounded nothing like them.

^Leo looked and sounded nothing like Howard Hughes. Sean Penn looked nothing like Milk (no clue what he sounded like though). Both actors nominated for Richard Nixon looked and sounded nothing like them.

Though with that said-I really hope Leo is not Frank Sinatra. That should be George Clooney (Clooney is also one of the few people who might be able to play a good Cary Grant)

Maybe, but at least they turned in great performances. Murray's performance itself doesn't even look good from the trailer. And Hughes or Milk weren't nearly as iconic historical figures as FDR so I just think they should have taken a little more care to cast the right person, not someone who seems completely wrong for the role. It is just a trailer though I suppose.

The dude in Life of Pi also.Oscars love a one man show. Reminds me of Tom Hanks in Cast Away and Spencer Tracy in Old Man and the Sea.(Yes the Hanks/Tracy conspiracy continues! Since they are the only 2 actors to win 2 back to back lead wins. They were both the same age at the time of there wins, and another one, there 2nd wins were the only times in Oscar history where 3 of the 4 acting wins were repeats)

• Like 1

A little over halfway through the year, some more prediction, boy I can't wait to see some of these films.Daniel Day Lewis - LincolnJohn Hawkes - The SessionsHugh Jackman - Les MiserablesJoaquin Pheonix - The MasterDenzel Washington - Flight

Edited by CoolioD1