Impact

Best Actor-2012 thread

It would be interesting to see if Michael Fassbender gets a nod for Prometheus. Critics were completely unaminous on his performance and hes even mentioned by name on the RT consensus. It may not happen due to the polarizing nature of the film itself though... and of course, being a science fiction film.

DDL wins, no contest. Thread over.

I know I just did the same for Life of Pi in the Visual Effects thread but let's hold on here. Phoenix and Hawkes are going to provide very strong competition. Also, is the Academy ready to make him a three-time Oscar winner?

I know I just did the same for Life of Pi in the Visual Effects thread but let's hold on here. Phoenix and Hawkes are going to provide very strong competition. Also, is the Academy ready to make him a three-time Oscar winner?

Yes, because they aren`t known for spreading the wealth. They nominated and award the same people and one-hit wonders while leaving the whole bunch of great talents unawarded and empty-handed.However, if anyone can unseat DDL it`s Jackman. He`ll sing the iconic role, is a movie star with great charisma and if the movie is as good as trailer promises, I think he can sing his way to the top.

It would be interesting to see if Michael Fassbender gets a nod for Prometheus. Critics were completely unaminous on his performance and hes even mentioned by name on the RT consensus. It may not happen due to the polarizing nature of the film itself though... and of course, being a science fiction film.

lolz ?

Channing Tatum for Magic Mike. :P (Though seriously, it was a good performance.)It's still too early to call this race beyond a shadow of a doubt, but like just about everyone else, I think it will come down to Phoenix and Day-Lewis. I'm excited to see both performances when they hit screens.

Apparently Hyde Park on Hudson is getting tepid reviews at the Telluride Festival, so I am skeptical of Murray's chances now.

But they've praised Murray, so I think he'll probably make it but Field probably isn't gonna end up making it.

Lost In Translation was Murray's chance for an Oscar, I don't think he'll ever get close.1. DDL2. Phoenix3. HawkesThese are the locks. Then we have a lot of contenders for the remaining two spots:PittJackmanWashingtonTommy Lee JonesMurrayMcConaugheySean Penn (if the members see his film)

Edited by The Dark Alfred

Field?

Sally Field, for Actress.

Lost In Translation was Murray's chance for an Oscar, I don't think he'll ever get close.1. DDL2. Phoenix3. HawkesThese are the locks. Then we have a lot of contenders for the remaining two spots:PittJackmanWashingtonTommy Lee JonesMurrayMcConaugheySean Penn (if the members see his film)

When was Hawkes a lock? He's a strong possibility, but no where near a lock unlike DDL and Pheonix. Edited by riczhang