Impact

Best Actor-2012 thread

So basically its still Day-Lewis, Hawkes, Jackman, Hopkins, Washington and Pheonix. (okay so that is 6 but yeah) And there is the guy from Pi. So seven.

No there isn`t the guy from Pi. What`s-his-face Slumdog wasn`t even in talks for best Supporting when Slumshit was sweeping left and right and BAFTA was ridiculed for nominating Pinto in BSA (aapparently, they mixed Razzie and BAFTA balots or something), and this guy has no chance of breaking through seriously tough competition.

Are you saying that he has no name :PAlso-I have mentioned before Academy loves one man shows.

They do but they have plenty to choose from this year, Flight, Hitchcock, The Sessions, Bernie, Hyde Park in the Hudson. Plus no critical support for kid.

The way things are going, Phoenix could miss out on a nom. He was giving some anti-Oscar comments, won`t campaign himself and his movie is getting taken off pundit`s predictions. He`s likely to win many critic`s awards but AMPAS likes those who campaign so DDL with his Time cover and Jackman with his abandonded little boy sap are in.

The way things are going, Phoenix could miss out on a nom. He was giving some anti-Oscar comments, won`t campaign himself and his movie is getting taken off pundit`s predictions. He`s likely to win many critic`s awards but AMPAS likes those who campaign so DDL with his Time cover and Jackman with his abandonded little boy sap are in.

Could you imagine the internet outrage if that happened? Anyways, I think his role is too powerful to ignore. It is almost like Monique that year she won for being in Precious.

Could you imagine the internet outrage if that happened?

I remember TDK riots like it was yesterday. can`t imagine Phoenix snub for the movie barely anyone saw fuels bigger response. Even on Internet.

Anyways, I think his role is too powerful to ignore. It is almost like Monique that year she won for being in Precious.

They will nominate him because he`s exotic. They like to have circus animals on the stage and red carpet, like PJ&his wives looking like cavemen tribe, that Artist dog and those slum kids. It`s true.
  • Like 1

I think it's weird how no film has been nominated for Actor and Actress since Walk The Line. That used to happen all the time. I suppose Hitchcock or Silver Linings are the ones that have a chance to do it this year but it's not a very strong chance IMO.

I think it's weird how no film has been nominated for Actor and Actress since Walk The Line. That used to happen all the time. I suppose Hitchcock or Silver Linings are the ones that have a chance to do it this year but it's not a very strong chance IMO.

Hitchcock probably had the best chance right now IMO.