Impact

2012-Best Actress thread!

I believe this is a two horse race between Jessica Chastain and J-Law, but I still have to pick Chastain. She gave the best lead performance, and J-Law is overshadowed in her movie.

That's cause you haven't seen Amour. Riva is the best of the bunch. Chastain is a distant third imo.

It s because it s not a period film which forbids a lot of tech noms : costume, make up, etcAnd there is only one big character for an acting nod.

Hurt Locker got 9. That was the benchmark and it failed spectacularly much to my chagrin. And even if it doesn't get score, Sound mixing, Director, and Cinematography were all possible nominations. Edited by riczhang

Just saw ZD30. Chastain was very good but not as good as performances I saw from Rachel Weisz and Michelle Williams this year. Best acting honors in ZD30 go to Jason Clarke IMO.

He was awesome! Chastain was good but not better than the other two.

Just saw ZD30. Chastain was very good but not as good as performances I saw from Rachel Weisz and Michelle Williams this year. Best acting honors in ZD30 go to Jason Clarke IMO.

Those are two of my favourites as well. My personal top 5 would in fact be 1. Weisz 2. Riva 3. Williams 4. Wallis 5. Chastain.