Impact

Best Supporting Actor-2012

New top 5

Leonardo DiCaprio - Django Unchained

Russell Crowe - Les Miserable

Bill Nighy - Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

Dwight Henry - Beasts of Southern Wild

Joel Edgerton - Zero Dark Thirty

I really can't remember Bill Nighy doing anything impressive in that film, it probably won't get a nomination in this category, but I would've thought Tom Wilkinson would've been more likely considering he has a more emotional storyline and is generally better in it.Anyway, my predictionRussell Crowe - Les MiserablesLeonardo DiCaprio - Django UnchainedDwight Henry - Beasts of the Southern WildPhillip Seymour Hoffman - The MasterTommy Lee Jones - Lincoln

Earliest predictions:Leonardo DiCaprio for DjangoGary Oldman for LawlessJohnny Cash I mean Joaquin Pheonix for The MasterChris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Cooper, Chris Pine for whatever :P

Yeah I had Pheonix for The Master-but that was because I had no clue he was the lead :P:lol: I thought Hoffman was.

Current: Alan Arkin for ArgoRuselle Crowe for Les M.Robert DeNiro for Silver LiningsLeonardo DiCaprio for DjangoPhilip Seymore Hoffman for The MasterIf Hal Holbrook is nominated, I believe that will make him the oldest nomination ever. Not sure if he is older or younger then Gloria Stuart though. (He was born in 1925). He would be likely to win then as the Acadmey loves giving this Oscar to old guys.

Other possibilities:William H. Macy in The SessionsJim Broadbent in Cloud AtlasChristopher Walken in A Late Quartetpretty much anyone from LincolnDi Caprio, Hoffman and Crowe definitely look like the most likely nominees (Hoffman is basically a lock at this point) and I'd be delighted if De Niro got in there.Edit: oh, and can't forget Dwight Henry in Beasts.

Edited by Jake Gittes