Impact

Best Supporting Actor-2012

The thing with Stephen is that he doesn't really get going until Act 3, after "The Event." He has a couple good scenes with Leo before then but his standout scenes occur in the final third, so his character's a slow burn to get through. Leo's character has the over-the-top evil hedonistic psycho angle working in his favor and he definitely owns the middle third of the script.

Stephen...who?

The thing with Stephen is that he doesn't really get going until Act 3, after "The Event." He has a couple good scenes with Leo before then but his standout scenes occur in the final third, so his character's a slow burn to get through. Leo's character has the over-the-top evil hedonistic psycho angle working in his favor and he definitely owns the middle third of the script.

Yeah, Calvin has some great moments, especially his first scene which may or may not have been cut out, and he's that kind of OTT villain that's won this category in recent years. So he probably does have a good chance, though tbh I even liked Waltz's character more.

Stephen...who?

Stephen is the character Samuel L. Jackson plays.Coolio I agree that Waltz's character is definitely a crowd-pleaser of a character. I think in terms of pure Oscar potential Leo comes first since he's still looking for that win and he's going against type as the villain in this film. Plus I bet he's going to go for 11 in this one after what happened with him being unable to do Hans Landa for IB (though I doubt he'd have done near as good as Waltz did in the end).

Locking in Tommy Lee Jones with 100-1 odds on Gold Derby because tweets are saying he may have even stole the show from DDL. Rat colored hairpiece and all.Phillip Seymour Hoffman - The MasterRobert De Niro - Silver Linings PlaybookAlan Arkin - ArgoTommy Lee Jones - LincolnRussell Crowe - Les MiserablesLocked and loaded!

Edited by JackO

Locking in Tommy Lee Jones with 100-1 odds on Gold Derby because tweets are saying he may have even stole the show from DDL. Rat colored hairpiece and all.Phillip Seymour Hoffman - The MasterRobert De Niro - Silver Linings PlaybookAlan Arkin - ArgoTommy Lee Jones - LincolnRussell Crowe - Les MiserablesLocked and loaded!

Arkin is far from locked especially since Flight (Goodman), Django (Leo, SLJ, Waltz), TH (put Freeman in supporting and - voila - he could score a nom) , ZDT (Edgerton, another actor) haven`t been seen.

Arkin is far from locked especially since Flight (Goodman), Django (Leo, SLJ, Waltz), TH (put Freeman in supporting and - voila - he could score a nom) , ZDT (Edgerton, another actor) haven`t been seen.

Hobbit doesn't have a chance. Argo will get in because it is top film with chance to win big prize. Django is not an Oscar film. I expect Flight to be Denzel show.

We are talking about acting categories. Actors get nominated even if their movies don`t.

Not this year.Not with this many choices. I'd err on the side with of the guy on a film with a legit shot to win the whole thing over guy whose movie no one has seen and has Jonah fucking Hill in it.

Alan Arkin- ArgoTommy Lee Jones- LincolnLeonardo DiCaprio- Django UnchainedPhillip Seymour Hoffman- The Master (winner)Russell Crowe- Les MisStacked year, I could def see De Niro, Macy, Goodman, SLJ, or even Michael Pena being a factor.

If Cohen is campaigned for, I'll bet he makes it in over Crowe bar an jaw-dropping performance from Crowe. I feel like Thenadier has a meatier arc than Javert, and there's the plus that Cohen can sing, and Crowe really can't. :P

Cohen won't get nommed, especially not after that stunt yesterday, it leaves a bad taste in Academy members mouths. Also, Javert's arc is bigger IMO than Thenadier's, which is a huge advantage to Crowe, and plus Crowe's a 3 time nominee, and he arguably should've won twice already, so there's a sentiment out there that the Academy definitely at the least owes him another nom.

What did Cohen do yesterday? o.o I do agree with what you're saying though, and I guess I'd be annoyed if Cohen (and Jonah Hill for that matter) got Oscar nominations before Jim Carrey... *random observation.* :P

And Hugh Jackman....... That's just a travesty if that happened.

Jackman isn't that bad. But the fact that Hill got nominated before Carrey...heck if you told anyone James Franco be nominated before Carrey they say your nuts! (Note this was before 127 Hours)

I've already accepted the fact that Carrey won't ever be nominated, but I'm rooting for Hugh win all the way this year, only because I know that Trintignant my current favourite of the year won't get nominated, much less win. But, I've deluded myself into thinking that Riva could possibly win. :lol: Edited by riczhang