Impact

Best Supporting Actress-2012

I'm not counting Sally Field out yet. Her performance in Lincoln looks to service as a reminder that she's one of the all-time greatest actresses. Also, she won the Oscar both times she was previously nominated. And she just took home the Film Critics Circle award.Also, I'm kind of rooting for her. Anne is just so desperate. She should do a Judy Garland biopic. Then we'll talk oscar.I'll probably be wrong.

I think Field has a much better shot if Samantha Barks gets a nomination too as there will be some vote splitting.I don't know about Hathaway being desperate. She isn't doing anything out of ordinary to win some recognition. Her part in the movie is apparently so small that it doesn't even qualify as Oscar-bait.

Maggie Smith could still be nominated even if she does not bother to campaign. She scored two individual nods at both SAGs and Globes, clearly respected and loved I do wonder if she gets nominated will she attend the ceremony?

Nominees

Tommy Lee Jones- Lincoln

Philip Seymor Hoffman- The Master

Robert DeNiro- Silver Linings Playbook

Leonardo DiCaprio- Django Unchained

Alan Arkin- Argo

Nope. If this is the line-up than Leo takes it. His competitiors are all past winners. They wouldn`t put him in if they didn`t want to award him. Not to mention that the role is baity as fuck. A bone fide movie star takes a super risky, bold role that many would think twice before signing for, has a monologue that is awards wet dream, is a past nominee so not a one-hit wonder,etc. I get that people are confused because of SAG situation but that wasn`t a snub. They haven`t received the screeners which means they haven`t seen him.

I think those 4 past winners will be in the Oscar line-up with 5th spot going to one of Leo, Henry, Waltz, SLJ (apparently he`s campaigning), Redmayne.

Also, the race is shaping up to award several past winners (Bigelow? DDL? Spielberg? Some BSAactor?) so someone has to be first time winner.

Edited by fishnets

I think Nicole Kidman will get the fifth slot over Samantha Barks. Universal is seriously campaigning for Hathaway which will diminish Barks' chance and Kidman has already scored SAG/GG nominations for The Paperboy.

Edited by TLK
  • Like 1