WrathOfHan

The Super Mario Bros. Movie | Universal/Illumination | April 5, 2023 | Chris Pratt is Mario, Charlie Day is Luigi, Anya Taylor-Joy is Peach | The most profitable movie of 2023

Super Mario used to look and sound like this btw:

Mario's signature voice first became mainstream when Mario 64 came out. You can find reviews from that era calling the voice ridiculous, too kiddy, and offensive.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, YM! said:

They chose the wrong actors for Mario and Luigi, we should’ve gotten the dynamic duo to voice them:

What's your profile picture from? I want to watch it but I have no clue what it's called.

I want to take back what I said earlier. I overreacted to the original leaked angle and decided it looked worse than it actually was. The clear images @BadOlCatSylvester posted look pretty good, actually. Glad Illumination stayed away from their usual design traits.

They couldn't have just used the Mario font for the whole logo, though? This shifting style they went for looks really messy.

Edited by cookie

55 minutes ago, cookie said:

I want to take back what I said earlier. I overreacted to the original leaked angle and decided it looked worse than it actually was. The clear images @BadOlCatSylvester posted look pretty good, actually. Glad Illumination stayed away from their usual design traits.

They couldn't have just used the Mario font for the whole logo, though? The way it looks now looks really messy.

I imagine that wasn't voluntary. Miyamoto and Nintendo in general likely held them at gunpoint for the past half a decade now.