DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

Just now, dudalb said:

I wonder if Nolan being a producer had something to do with MOS being Snyder best DCU film. Not that Nolan is infallible,(you and I disagree about TDKR)but he has much better grasp of character and story construction then Snyder has shown.

I'd totally bet that this is the case.  Nothing else makes sense for the precipitous downfall that follows (and I'm not even a "fan" of MoS...but it looks like Lawrence of Arabia compared to everything else...except certain beats of WW.)

6 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Btw that one absolutely nonsense scene where Flash comes from the future or something still makes zero sense even after Justice League lmao

Spoiler

Back when it was originally supposed to be a two-parter, I think Raging Superman was supposed to be a longer and bigger deal that needed Flash to go back in time to tell Bruce how to settle him down.

After BvS reception, they probably scrapped the whole thing to reduce the grimdarkness.

18 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Being on here a lot it's easy to forget that box office is a very niche area of expertise.

One day they'll need us.

ISIS will demand that Fifty Shades Freer make under 100 m DOM or they launch a global attack and we'll reverse fudge the weekend numbers until Seal Team Six has enough time to kill their leader.

No matter how you spin that, this is not a great number for Justice League. WB must be in full-on panic mode right now. 

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

captain underpants is not based on a comic book it's based on a graphic novel there is a clear difference

Not even graphic novels technically. It's based off a series of kid humor books. 

12 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Heh.  Yeah, and this awkward connection/faux-flirting thing they are trying to imply on screen between Bats and WW is among the many, many things that does not work for me.  The Justice League animated series owned this so much better.

I'm liking the older, grizzled, less "pure" Lawrence you've adopted, now.  ;)

Is that a response to this weekend's box office? 

Not so much the box office, no...