DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

10 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I also don't know why people are happy about this.  If you grew up a fan of Batman and Superman you shouldn't be happy.  The characters will live on but we won't see a film from either for a very long time.  I wouldn't be shocked to see Reeves drop out of The Batman. It's damaged goods. 

Growing up a fan of Superman is why I'm happy this take on the character is over. Also, this won't be the death of the DCEU, just the merciful end of the Snyderverse.

Edited by Orestes
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I also don't know why people are happy about this.  If you grew up a fan of Batman and Superman you shouldn't be happy.  The characters will live on but we won't see a film from either for a very long time.  I wouldn't be shocked to see Reeves drop out of The Batman. It's damaged goods. 

I am not happy about what happened with the DCEU,but  IMHO Snyder's approach was just wrong for it (though it might be good for specific charecters such as Batman)

and am glad the Snyder era is over.

And if Batman can survive Batman And Robin, it can survive this. The character is too popular for Warners to write him off.

And you forget about how everybody loved Wonder Woman.

The DCU is going to have a massive shakeup ( along with the shakeup in the WB executive management) but hopefully it will emerge stronger.

There is just too much box office potential there, properly handled, fro Warners to give up on it.

ANd BVS did not hurt Wonder Woman....

Now if it were not for Wondy, I agree the DCU would be in deep,deep, crap. But WW huge success give them a foundtation to build on.

Just now, Ohana said:

James Wan is one amazing director, writing him off like that is plain stupid

One good trailer for Aquaman and ppl will get back on the hype train.

I love James Wan.  I'm not doubting his film making abilities.  I actually expect it to be reviewed well and the GA to like it.  But you have to realize, a flop like JL trickles down and affects the entire franchise. It's a dead franchise now.  There's no more rushing out to see DC films. Maybe it does well and has good legs off WOM but OW is going to be very disappointing. 

It's falling between $40M and $50M I am confident in saying that. 

5 minutes ago, Orestes said:

Growing up a fan of Superman is why I'm happy this take on the character is over. Also, this won't be the death of the DCEU, just the merciful end of the Snyderverse.

Here's the question though.  What reason does the studio have to fast track a Superman movie that would cost upwards of $180M?  You're not seeing a Superman film for a VERY long time.  Yes,  Batman will live on..  but again I'mfully expecting Reeves to back out.  There will be too much turmoil at WB for him to want to do it. 

Wow, The Greatest Showman's second trailer is performing pretty well for an original film on YouTube; the main Fox upload has 3.3M views after 6 days. It's way more views than Ferdinand, Jumanji Father Figures, and Downsizing's most recent trailers but trailing Pitch Perfect by a bit.

btw tickets are on sale now and Fox isn't doing Tuesday previews.

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Your spin offs are only as strong as your main event.

Bumblebee is the next trainwreck.

Bumblebee and Aquaman currently scheduled for the same weekend

• Disbelief 2

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I am not happy about what happened with the DCEU,but  IMHO Snyder's approach was just wrong for it (though it might be good for specific charecters such as Batman)

and am glad the Snyder era is over.

And if Batman can survive Batman And Robin, it can survive this. The character is too popular for Warners to write him off.

And you forget about how everybody loved Wonder Woman.

The DCU is going to have a massive shakeup ( along with the shakeup in the WB executive management) but hopefully it will emerge stronger.

There is just too much box office potential there, properly handled, fro Warners to give up on it.

ANd BVS did not hurt Wonder Woman....

Now if it were not for Wondy, I agree the DCU would be in deep,deep, crap. But WW huge success give them a foundtation to build on.

The next three DCEU films are Aquaman (2018), Shazaam (2019) and Wonder Woman 2 (2019).

If two out of three of those disappoint then WB will likely start planning a reboot.

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Wow, The Greatest Showman's second trailer is performing pretty well for an original film on YouTube; the main Fox upload has 3.3M views after 6 days. It's way more views than Ferdinand, Jumanji Father Figures, and Downsizing's most recent trailers but trailing Pitch Perfect by a bit.

btw tickets are on sale now and Fox isn't doing Tuesday previews.

I've gotten either trailer 1 or 2 at the past 4 movies I've gone to as well :kitschjob:

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

This WB spin is GOLD.  Yeah Justice League is all about the intro of new characters so they couldn't possible expect it to open big

"It's not where you start, it's where you end up," said Jeff Goldstein, the studio's distribution chief. "We always knew it would be complicated when you take a movie where you're introducing three new characters that have not been on the screen before. It's more or less their origin story: Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman. Clearly the audiences have really just embraced each one of these characters, starting with Ezra Miller for the Flash."

• Haha 5
  • Astonished 1

Just now, MrPink said:

I've gotten either trailer 1 or 2 at the past 4 movies I've gone to as well :kitschjob:

I've gotten it four times: The House, DM3, Kingsman, and Orient Express. It hasn't really been stalking me at all. I'll probably get it at Wonder next.

Just now, TalismanRing said:

This WB spin is GOLD.  Yeah Justice League is all about the intro of new characters so they couldn't possible expect it to open big

So few movies have the challenge of introducing 3 characters. Can't think of any, really

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Here's the question though.  What reason does the studio have to fast track a Superman movie that would cost upwards of $180M?  You're not seeing a Superman film for a VERY long time.  Yes,  Batman will live on..  but again I'mfully expecting Reeves to back out.  There will be too much turmoil at WB for him to want to do it. 

Bring back Michael Keaton and Tim Burton.

• Like 2

Shazam aka the movie where Chuck plays a 10 year old, and the Rock was cast as the villain but then they decided to not have him in the movie and give him another spinoff instead

• Like 1
  • Haha 1