Ezen Baklattan

2017 Critics/Alternate Awards Discussion

On 8/1/2018 at 11:16 PM, BardCrank said:

This is coming a bit late but here are some of the critics awards that I could not find in this thread so I thought someone should put them here for whoever cares 

Houston Critic Awards

Reveal hidden contents

Vancouver Film Critics Awards

Reveal hidden contents

Southeastern Film Critics Association

Reveal hidden contents

Los Angeles Online Film Critics Society

Reveal hidden contents

Florida Film Critics Awards

Reveal hidden contents

Nevada Film Critics Society Awards

Reveal hidden contents

Oklahoma Film Critics Circle

Reveal hidden contents

national society of film critics

Reveal hidden contents

as expected , Lady Bird is smashing almost everything 

Now, this is a clear sign how crowded and dificult to predict this year is. We have wins for Get Out (2), Three Billboards, Lady Bird (3), Dunkirk, and Shape of Water.

12 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

cinematography guild nominees

Blade Runner

Darkest Hour

Dunkirk

Mudbound

Shape of Water

cool. these are the same five i've been thinking will be the oscar nominees for a while.

The Post continues to be ommited.

The Post is a movie that a lot of people seem to respect yet no one wants to go out of their way and call it one of the best of the year in anything (which I'm guessing is also a large reason why Darkest Hour has been a no-show for any major categories aside from Oldman for most of the season). Which is kinda satisfying tbh: haven't seen the movie yet (doing so this weekend), but it sweeping through everything would've made for one of the most boring and predictable awards seasons ever.

6 hours ago, BardCrank said:

Bad news for Deakins I guess 

But it’s still happened, granted it happened before the expanded slate, but I wouldn’t count it out.  However I’d give Shape of Water or Dunkirk the edge simply because of the BP nom.

also first time director nominees

Geremy Jasper, "Patti Cake$"
William Oldroyd, "Lady Macbeth"
Jordan Peele, "Get Out"
Taylor Sheridan, "Wind River"
Aaron Sorkin, "Molly's Game"

hell yeah lady macbeth.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 3

The Post will get in, both it and Call Me By Your Name are flailing a bit but they've still hit enough to get there. Beyond the five DGA nominees nothing is locked but this is a wild enough year without a clear favorite so they'll get in. Bout to remove Florida Project from my predictions though, thought Baker had a shot here and it also missed PGA. It's still my eighth but by skin of its teeth over I, Tonya/Big Sick.

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

The Post will get in, both it and Call Me By Your Name are flailing a bit but they've still hit enough to get there. Beyond the five DGA nominees nothing is locked but this is a wild enough year without a clear favorite so they'll get in. Bout to remove Florida Project from my predictions though, thought Baker had a shot here and it also missed PGA. It's still my eighth but by skin of its teeth over I, Tonya/Big Sick.

I think both Call Me by Your Name and I, Tonya are comfortably ahead of The Post at this point (that's currently #8 in my predictions). Dafoe is likely gonna end up being The Florida Project's lone nomination.

CAS (Sound Mixing): http://deadline.com/2018/01/cas-awards-nominations-2018-last-jedi-game-of-thrones-veep-1202239554/

Baby Driver

Dunkirk

The Shape of Water

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Wonder Woman

At least one movie always misses, and CBMs have bad luck. I think TGS will replace WW at the Oscars

• Like 1