Finnick

Wednesday Numbers: COCO:$2M | JL:$1.91M/CROSSED $500WW

8 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

I’m curious from the more veteran box office followers about something speaking of boredom. So the first weekend in December is virtually always left empty of new wide releases. But sometimes you get a Krampus in the first half of December. I’ve read the first two weekends of December have NO new wide releases. When is the last time that happened?! It seems crazy to have two weekends in a row at any time where that’s the case.

Well, Just Getting Started is supposed to go wide Dec 8...

1 hour ago, Diana Prince said:

[mod edit]

In any event, if Mendelson is right that JL passed 500 on Tuesday, doesn’t that mean that it earned 13million OS and 6 million US to that point? That would mean that it is averaging 6.5 million OS per day. If it stayed on that average for Wednesday and Thursday, that would mean that it could be around 515 million by the of today. At the end of last weekend, it was at 311 OS and about 172 US. A good weekend should take it close to 575-600 WW by Monday, right? 

If it has 60% drops US and worldwide for the weekend I’m thinking more $560m by Sunday night. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Diana Prince said:

[mod edit]

In any event, if Mendelson is right that JL passed 500 on Tuesday, doesn’t that mean that it earned 13million OS and 6 million US to that point? That would mean that it is averaging 6.5 million OS per day. If it stayed on that average for Wednesday and Thursday, that would mean that it could be around 515 million by the of today. At the end of last weekend, it was at 311 OS and about 172 US. A good weekend should take it close to 575-600 WW by Monday, right? 

It did about 15m or so Mon-Tue OS which is about a 55% drop from last weeks mon-tue. If it continues that 55% drop for the week and weekend it will be at 367m by end of Sunday overseas. As for Domestic if it continues with its current drops and assuming a weekend drop of 63% (which is less than MJ2) then it will be at about 195 by end of Sunday. Combining OS+Dom gives us 562m so I am giving a range of 560-565m by end of Sunday

• Thanks 1

So, I'm in the city having to kill some time. Between JL, Lady Bird, Three Billboards and Orient Express, what should I see?

The reason I kind of want to see Justice League is I'm using points and it might be more worth it to see JL in IMAX since it's a flat rate with points. However, I'm leaning against it because I don't want to walk out feeling so disappointed.

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

So, I'm in the city having to kill some time. Between JL, Lady Bird, Three Billboards and Orient Express, what should I see?

The reason I kind of want to see Justice League is I'm using points and it might be more worth it to see JL in IMAX since it's a flat rate with points. However, I'm leaning against it because I don't want to walk out feeling so disappointed.

Haven't seen Lady Bird yet but Three Billboards is leaps ahead of the other two

Movie Distributor Gross Change Thtrs. Per Thtr. Total Gross Days
- (4) Murder on the Orient Express 20th Century Fox $824,297 -31% 3,152 $262   $77,221,227 20
- (8) Lady Bird A24 $474,548 -5% 791 $600   $12,040,463 27
- (7) A Bad Moms Christmas STX Entertainment $396,712 -23% 2,306 $172   $60,889,365 29
- (10) Three Billboards Outside Eb… Fox Searchlight $364,636 -17% 614 $594   $8,785,707 20
- (14) The Florida Project A24 $23,647 +5% 164 $144   $4,718,308 55
- (15) Victoria and Abdul Focus Features $18,570 +8% 144 $129   $21,951,755 69
- (-) Darkest Hour Focus Features $14,691 +9% 4 $3,673   $289,191 8
- (-) Kingsman: The Golden Circle 20th Century Fox $10,168 -10% 173 $59   $99,974,789 69
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Haven't seen Lady Bird yet but Three Billboards is leaps ahead of the other two

Yeah I'm kind of leaning towards that one. Orient Express is something I may see with family over the holidays. JL I feel will just irritate me. Lady Bird seems like it's great but I can wait.

Three Billboards it is!

• Like 2

MOTO will be ~78m on Thu and then a 7m weekend (-46%) will give it 85m. Then a good hold the following week for low-90s cume.

And the Christmas boost after that will make up for the SW8 storm enough for 100m to happen.

(ARRIVAL  dropped 37% the weekend after Thanksgiving but it added 470+ theaters.)

9 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Yeah I'm kind of leaning towards that one. Orient Express is something I may see with family over the holidays. JL I feel will just irritate me. Lady Bird seems like it's great but I can wait.

Three Billboards it is!

wow you have a Cap avatar and havent even watched JL. Baffling

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Three Billboards is great. Go see that one.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Lady Bird is excellent. Haven't seen Three Billboards yet though. I'd choose between those.

31 minutes ago, mredman said:

wow you have a Cap avatar and havent even watched JL. Baffling

Well I'm between jobs right now (luckily I start my new one at the end of the month!) so I'm on a tight budget and with that JL just wasn't a priority. Under different circumstances I might have been there opening weekend, disappointment or not.

Anyway, talk to you guys on the other side.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

Three Billboards is great. Go see that one.

21 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Lady Bird is excellent. Haven't seen Three Billboards yet though. I'd choose between those.

I'm about to go see Three Billboards right now. Looks fantastic, although what movie with this cast wouldn't?

COCO: $2M/TOTAL:$80.54M

THOR RAGNAROK; $0.92M/TOTAL:$280.60M (THOR CROSSED $800M WW -Disney report-)

Movie Distributor Gross Change Thtrs. Per Thtr. Total Gross Days
1 (1) Coco Walt Disney $2,000,972 -39% 3,987 $502   $80,536,126 8
- (5) Thor: Ragnarok Walt Disney $919,744 -20% 3,281 $280   $280,598,766 27
Edited by Finnick
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2