DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

38 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

thank you @ZeeSoh , I updated the list ot the remaing countries as far as 'known'.

I guess we will hear more in a few weeks, a new year,... might be a typical date for a ruling in this or that country too

Of the remaining countries only Mexico might require some concessions for approval. Football is big in Mexico and some people there have raised concerns that a Fox-Disney merger will dominate sports broadcast. So like Brazil and EU, Mexico might require some divestments or concessions to approve the deal. Regardless the deal will happen, it’s too big to be jeopardized by one country. 

I dont think the other countries will have that much concerns about the deal. I dont know about UK, whether it is counted with EU or not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, terrestrial said:

‘Extra’ Goes Wider On Fox Stations, Leaving Longtime NBC Roost

Just now, terrestrial said:

Ahead of the sale of two-thirds of 21st Century Fox to Disney, Fox has been aggressively lining up programming, adding major assets like WWE wrestling and NFL football to national prime time. In the syndication realm, the company recently made offers for Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune, only to be outbid by Disney-ABC. After the merger closes (likely in the coming weeks), Fox will consist mostly of the broadcast network, Fox News and the station portfolio, which has 28 stations in 17 markets.

https://deadline.com/2018/12/extra-goes-wider-on-fox-stations-leaving-longtime-nbc-home-1202521552/

The markets should be about staes within the US I guess, but the time-frame seems a bit earlier than in the past the most articles speculated about - I think

12 hours ago, terrestrial said:

A OT question in a way:

do we have here at BOT a thread... for Disney? Like they released a clip about the upcoming Star Wars attractions in Disneyland / World. Where to post something like that?

There's a Disney thread in the main forum, so you could probably post something like that there. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

There's a Disney thread in the main forum, so you could probably post something like that there. 

Disneyland news isn't Disney film, so I wouldn't feel comfortable to put it there. Its not that important anyway I guess,

Thanks a lot

2 hours ago, terrestrial said:

Disneyland news isn't Disney film, so I wouldn't feel comfortable to put it there. Its not that important anyway I guess,

Thanks a lot

Then you should start a new thread here for information like that. I think people are interested in information like that, so you should go for it.

On 12/27/2018 at 8:09 AM, terrestrial said:

Thanks a lot

We should have a thread on what Disney Land/World rides might be the next Pirates of the Caribbean or Junge Cruise. 😀

Disney+/ESPN+/Hulu package deal is welcome news. Can't see it being more than $25/month with a no ads package, maybe closer to $20. ESPN+ is a pretty great value for the price and I suspect Disney+ will be similarly priced for the amount of content relative to other streaming services (probably $8-$10/month).

17 minutes ago, lilmac said:

How is Disney not exposed by any Alita losses. Surely Fox put in for advertising and part of the production budget - right? It wasn't all Cameron..correct?

Aehm, I'dd wait till it has end its run before judging the BO (as always). I mean this weekend is just its 2nd weekend in a lot of countries, and in its 1st weekend in China and Japan.

Plus: often movies that might not click with everyone of the GA, are special in something, do good in HV, as ppl who's spouses or friends were not willing to watch it with them, might buy it later on.

The exact accounting details should depend on the specifics of the contracts.

Texas tax rebates...

https://gov.texas.gov/film/page/overview

Huston adds small % supplements to that, btw.

There is a lot to look into before we know more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lilmac said:

How is Disney not exposed by any Alita losses. Surely Fox put in for advertising and part of the production budget - right? It wasn't all Cameron..correct?

Correct. I don’t know how much Fox paid to finance the movie and advertise the movie, but if it increases its debt, Disney will be responsible for the debt. We’ll have to wait to see how much money Alita loses.

• Like 1

Disney+ is unlikely to come to Australia anytime soon. Disney have put all of their content on Stan locally.  Stan is a local streaming service. 

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/fans-freak-out-over-disneys-massive-australian-news/news-story/1a9775de54a8c60dc2e50fabfcb7e973

Unless Disney buys Channel 9, which owns Stan. 

Disney-Fox Deal Nears Final Approval After Progress In Brazil And Mexico

In one of the last steps in the regulatory review of Disney’s $71.3 billion deal to buy most of 21st Century Fox, regulators in Brazil appear to be poised to approve the transaction on Wednesday.

... to now be satisfied after Disney offered some of the concessions they had requested. Once their OK is secured, a final closing period of about 10 days will begin as the final Ts are crossed and Is dotted, a source with knowledge of the regulatory process tells Deadline. That would mean an official closing in mid-March, which is in line with initial forecasts even if it is later than it appeared things would conclude by the last few weeks of 2018.

News of the movement with regulators was reported earlier today by Bloomberg, which said a similar agreement with regulators in Mexico had been reached.

The main sticking point, as in other regions, was Disney’s putative ownership of Fox Sports given the importance of soccer rights.

Fox’s regional sports networks, with a collective worth of more than $15 billion, are in the process of being shopped to likely a collection of different buyers. As stipulated by a settlement between Disney and the U.S. Department of Justice, those divestitures can continue for a short time beyond the main deal’s projected closing, but are expected to conclude this year.

The holdup in Brazil was an unexpected twist, and given the larger stakes Disney CEO Bob Iger opted to fly down to South America two weeks ago to meet with regulators in person.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/disney-fox-deal-nears-finish-line-progress-in-brazil-mexico-1202565767/

4 hours ago, Walt Disney said:

All foreign countries have approved the deal. Disney announced today that the deal is set to close at 12:02 a.m. eastern time on March 20, 2019.

So Breakthrough is gonna be the first Fox movie to be released under Disney I'm assuming.