grim22

New Year's Day Weekend Thread: Late Friday estimates (DHD) - TLJ 19.5M, Jumanji 17.5M, PP3 6.7M, TGS 5.3M

2 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

You mean the weak Christmas Day where it and Jumanji had a nearly identical flip in estimates and then the next day Jumanji was down and The Last Jedi was back up?  

Again, show me your WOM data.  Not what you and your buddies think, but show me actual data.  

You mean Christmas Day when it increased a measly 55%?

You mean yesterday when it decreased and almost every other film increased?

You mean where Jumanji is more than likely going to pass it in dailies today when TLJ opened up to 220 million only two weeks ago?

Yep, nothing to see here.  Move along.

1 minute ago, Christmas baumer said:

I frankly don't care about your opinion of me.  You are so blinded by all of this that it amazes me.  The writing is on the wall, the numbers speak for themselves.  The fact that you can't admit it is really baffling.

And I saw it three times to see how I felt about it.  At least I gave it three chances to be the film I hoped it was.  

Lol.  You HATED it to the point of anger, then you watched it like the next day and you borderline LOVED it, and then a few days later you HATED it and were destroyed by how much it disappointed you.  

That is as bipolar as it gets.  You proved you aren't able to be even close to rational on the film.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You put up a valid fight Empire.  But it's time to concede this one.  You lost.  Doesn't mean you have to like it.  But the run of this film is not the run we all thought it would have after it opened up to the second highest weekend of all time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, K1stpierre said:

I think everyone should just worry about what they like and give zero fucks about anyone else's opinion :lol:  Everyone can like what they like 

Tell that to Empire.  He's the one who can't comprehend that someone or in this case, many many people don't like what he does.

You mean Christmas Day when it increased a measly 55%?

You mean yesterday when it decreased and almost every other film increased?

You mean where Jumanji is more than likely going to pass it in dailies today when TLJ opened up to 220 million only two weeks ago?

Yep, nothing to see here.  Move along.

Nobody said there is nothing to see.  Go back and read the last 10 pages or so where people were having a rational discussion.  

Again, show me the WOM data.  You are so positive of it, then show the data.  

You put up a valid fight Empire.  But it's time to concede this one.  You lost.  Doesn't mean you have to like it.  But the run of this film is not the run we all thought it would have after it opened up to the second highest weekend of all time.

We?  You got a mouse in your pocket?

3 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Lol.  You HATED it to the point of anger, then you watched it like the next day and you borderline LOVED it, and then a few days later you HATED it and were destroyed by how much it disappointed you.  

That is as bipolar as it gets.  You proved you aren't able to be even close to rational on the film.  

It actually proves the opposite, but I wouldn't expect you to understand a simple concept like that.  Talk about someone being blinded by their love for something.  

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

Nobody said there is nothing to see.  Go back and read the last 10 pages or so where people were having a rational discussion.  

The data is its holds and the numbers it is doing in the end that's the only real data. And those aren't that good

• Like 3

3 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Won't matter.  I could give you quotes from twitter, RT, imdb and any other social media or website and you would just dismiss them as loonoey fucktards who live with their parents and haven't been laid yet.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, K1stpierre said:

I think everyone should just worry about what they like and give zero fucks about anyone else's opinion :lol:  Everyone can like what they like 

I sometimes give him shit for what he likes and doesn't, but this isn't about that.  If he didn't like the film that would be more than fine, but the bipolar schitzo of HATED to LOVED to #NOTMYSTARWARS is absurd.  

3 hours ago, boomboom234 said:

The data is its holds and the numbers it is doing in the end that's the only real data. And those aren't that good

You're obviously a virgin and live with your parents and have them make your bed and iron your clothes for you.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

If Star Wars was a better film then it wouldn't have any competition, it IS the competition.  Star Wars alienated a lot of people.  Not the majority, but more than usual.  And the run time and Jumanji and any other excuse is just a bunch of hooey.  This iteration of SW is just not a version that the majority seems to enjoy.

You kind of contradicted yourself in this post B. 

First you said NOT THE MAJORITY regarding how many people dislike it then you say it’s not a version that the MAJORITY seem to enjoy. 

WHICH IS IT MAN!!! You’re confusing me lol

I guess I missed the flip-flop-flip as well. I don’t even know what to make of that hahaha I was wondering how you went back to not liking the movie :P Yikes. Maybe every even numbered time you see it you’ll like it. For me I loved it the first time, liked it the second, loved it the third, hated it the fourth, thought it was ok the fifth, loved it again the sixth, liked it alright the seventh, hated it the eighth, loved it the ninth, liked it the tenth, hated it again the eleventh, and today I saw it for the twelfth time. It was ok. I hope it’s better the 13th time. ;)

3 hours ago, junkshop36 said:

You kind of contradicted yourself in this post B. 

First you said NOT THE MAJORITY regarding how many people dislike it then you say it’s not a version that the MAJORITY seem to enjoy. 

WHICH IS IT MAN!!! You’re confusing me lol

You're right....allow me to retort.

It's not a SW film that is as liked as many other sW films.

Won't matter.  I could give you quotes from twitter, RT, imdb and any other social media or website and you would just dismiss them as loonoey fucktards who live with their parents and haven't been laid yet.  

LOL!!  Thank you for proving my point.  

Sheesh, for a guy that lives on a website that is obsessive about data and the tracking of an industry based on numbers and mathematics, to want to fall back on anecdotal is bizarre.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

I guess I missed the flip-flop-flip as well. I don’t even know what to make of that hahaha I was wondering how you went back to not liking the movie :P Yikes. Maybe every even numbered time you see it you’ll like it. For me I loved it the first time, liked it the second, loved it the third, hated it the fourth, thought it was ok the fifth, loved it again the sixth, liked it alright the seventh, hated it the eighth, loved it the ninth, liked it the tenth, hated it again the eleventh, and today I saw it for the twelfth time. It was ok. I hope it’s better the 13th time. ;)

Not a flip flop.  I hated it the first time. 

Went back the second and tried to convince myself I liked it a lot more.

Saw it a third, didn't hate it as much as the first and didn't like it as much as the second.

• Like 3