Neo

Top Gun Maverick | May 27, 2022 | Catch it in theaters...again on December 2nd! | Comes to Paramount+ on December 22!

3 hours ago, Eric is a furry said:

Honestly, the only thing Top Gun 2 doesn't have to do is bring back a dead cast member back to life via CGI. And all the principal actors are alive, so we're good.

Afterlife is absolutely atrocious, but I think the Harold Ramis moment is one of those rare sequences in cinema that's so wretchedly godawful and despicable that it deserves any and all backlash given towards the entire movie solely on that moment.

Lol.  

5 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I swear, this site gets closer and closer to film twitter and film media where a good portion of people seem to hate the thing they follow.  

Do you guys even like movies?  Sometimes I wonder....

Yes. I like good movies. Afterlife was garbage.

Afterlife was a lazy rehash with some of the cheapest and most blatant nostalgia baiting one could find 

with Top Gun I don’t think it will be anything like that. Te nostalgia will be there of course but the Cruise missle  won’t settle with just lazy nostalgia. He will want to make an actual good film that pushes the limits when it comes to aerial combat depiction in movie s

16 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I swear, this site gets closer and closer to film twitter and film media where a good portion of people seem to hate the thing they follow.  

Do you guys even like movies?  Sometimes I wonder....

I wasn't in this discussion but nobody needs to like everything Hollywood throw in our faces to like movies.

I watched Afterlife and i though is medium, couldn't care less about those underveloped childs, the action is bland, the overall vibe is nice but we've seeing similar things done way better many times recently (including on TV with Stranger Things), and the climax totally dependent of nostalgia simply doesn't hold itself. It didn't offended me but didn't move me either.

I can see why people can liked it, it have good vibes, it flows well and have entertaining moments, and of course lots of references. 

But still to me isn't very well made, i like blockbusters just as much i like smaller movies, i respect blockbusters, that's why i didn't fall in love with everything just because it's somewhat nice, i know it can be great. 

We have some pretty great and even excellent blockbusters last year like Suicide Squad, Dune, NTTD... Afterlife simply wasn't one of them, and i'm pretty sure i still love movies after saying this.

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Afterlife was a lazy rehash with some of the cheapest and most blatant nostalgia baiting one could find 

with Top Gun I don’t think it will be anything like that. Te nostalgia will be there of course but the Cruise missle  won’t settle with just lazy nostalgia. He will want to make an actual good film that pushes the limits when it comes to aerial combat depiction in movie s

Agreed, Tom Cruise is an excellent producer, he have a very good quality control. 

Most of the movies he did in the past decade are good, some of them are excellent actually. If he accept to do a sequel to one of his most celebrated characters i'm confident, just like the studio clearly is too.

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

I hate movies now that we can't even keep Justin Lin on them for more than a week

Now a Justin Lin Ghostbusters would be amazing. Get Vin Diesel as Vigo, and I'm sure the scene where the Ghostbusters kill him off will be very cathartic.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Agreed, Tom Cruise is an excellent producer, he have a very good quality control. 

Most of the movies he did in the past decade are good, some of them are excellent actually. If he accept to do a sequel to one of his most celebrated characters i'm confident, just like the studio clearly is too.

Yeah really makes the whole Mummy debacle even weirder. McQuarrie even helped on that one, lol

• Like 2