That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Pressure is definitely on for Infinity War now. 

It really has to open over $200m at least. 

Not just commercially but critically. Coogler threw down the gauntlet. After Black Panther's rave reviews critics are going to be less forgiving to Infinity War coming so soon after. I have faith in the Russos but I'm expecting an Age of Ultron level rating with IW. There's so much to juggle and they have to introduce a new villain and his entourage. Something has to give lol. This high 80s-90s run has to end some time. 

Edited by AJ2k
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Anyways, I had a fun conversation with my mom about Black Panther in the car:

Me: "I really regret not getting IMAX tickets for the new Marvel movie this weekend."

Mom: "The black one?"

Me: "Yeah, Black Panther."

Mom: "Have you seen the people going to that? I haven't seen a single white person lined up on the news for it."

Me: ".......Uh, only 40% of the audience is black, mom."

Mom: "Only 40%? It doesn't look it! I don't get why the news is making such a big deal about this movie; yes, they're black, we get it!"

Me: "You need to realize that this is the first major movie with a mostly black cast that isn't a comedy, about crime, or white guilt."

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

IW is more a global brand and will become the biggest comic book movie ever overseas.

I find it bit laughable that people think it has any chance of actually underperforming  when there is no indication it will apart from wishcasting. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

But it didn't increase

4..)   Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (SONY), 2,800 theaters (-336) / $1.87M Fri /3-day: $8.1M (-19%)/4-day: $10.6M /Total:$380.3M/ Wk 9

"-19%"

>Still doubting Sony's power in week 9

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Anyways, I had a fun conversation with my mom about Black Panther in the car:

Me: "I really regret not getting IMAX tickets for the new Marvel movie this weekend."

Mom: "The black one?"

Me: "Yeah, Black Panther."

Mom: "Have you seen the people going to that? I haven't seen a single white person lined up on the news for it."

Me: ".......Uh, only 40% of the audience is black, mom."

Mom: "Only 40%? It doesn't look it! I don't get why the news is making such a big deal about this movie; yes, they're black, we get it!"

Me: "You need to realize that this is the first major movie with a mostly black cast that isn't a comedy, about crime, or white guilt."

giphy.gif

Your mom sounds familiar...

Image result for get out family

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Steele131 said:

Wow this is stunning. Should clear 500M and push 600M. This and Wonder Woman will combine to make around 1 Billion Domestic amazing. Hopefully studios take notice

And near 2 Billion WW. Take that, Idiot Perlmutter and Alejandro "Superheroes are a white male power fantasy" Inarritu

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

200.gif

On 8/11/2017 at 3:16 PM, WrathOfHan said:

Yeah, there is no fucking way American Assassin outgrosses mother! :lol: 

22. mother!: 140M

On 8/8/2017 at 9:26 AM, WrathOfHan said:

It is going to be frontloaded anyways; mother! can just slash It's legs further. 

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Civil War had a 2.2x.   Infinity War will be even more frontloaded.  Doesn't seem unlikely to me

That's not how the box office works.

• Like 3