That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

Yeah I've seen this one...forgot this movie has some issues, they cut open a snake and snake jr's popped out, and they're eating monkey heads. Didn't 80s kids get so messed up with this movie?

Which means I haven't seen Last Crusade. Comes on next so I'll put it on the DVR.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Yeah I've seen this one...forgot this movie has some issues, they cut open a snake and snake jr's popped out, and they're eating monkey heads. Didn't 80s kids get so messed up with this movie?

Which means I haven't seen Last Crusade. Comes on next so I'll put it on the DVR.

Werent Temple of Doom and Gremlins responsible for the invention of the PG-13 rating back in 1984 because both films were just way too dark for kids despite their PG-Rating?

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Werent Temple of Doom and Gremlins responsible for the invention of the PG-13 rating back in 1984 because both films were just way too dark for kids despite their PG-Rating?

Believe so. Think you can throw Sixteen Candles in there as well...

3 hours ago, Orestes said:

Didn't the Mummy have that one trailer with the fucked up sound that became a bit of a meme? I don't think people were watching that one because of actual interest in the film.

That’s exactly my point too.  The outliers have something other than film interest driving the views.

Ghostbusters has controversy (although that still pulled decent domestic numbers), that Mummy trailer became a meme, things like Unfriended and Pixels were more ridicule views

Just now, aabattery said:

Please no. I wouldn't be able to handle the angry MovieMan89 posts.

How cool would it be Alden's entire career just ended up being nothing but Harrison Ford reboots. Air Force One (2022), Jack Ryan (2026), Star Wars: The Force Unspoken (2052), Hollywood Homicide (Memorial Day 2030).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Reboot in 2021 with Alden Ehrenreich.

you can laugh at that but imagine for a second that Alden ends up killing it as Solo, and the movie makes RO-ish (500M dom and 1B+ ww), and he receives good critics for his work ... would it be so crazy if Disney casted him as a "young Indy"? It wouldn't surprise me at all.

Chris Pratt playing Indiana Jones is one of the worst fan casting ideas ever and I'm still halfway convinced they're gonna do it. Pratt and Ford act absolutely nothing alike, and Chris Pratt as professor of anything is about the least believable thing I can imagine.