That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

I wonder what the next non Disney $200M OW will be. Only 1 OW over $200M isn’t from Disney. 

Better yet the next non Disney film in the top 10 OWs. They’ll own 9 out of 10 in May. I’m pretty sure Infinity War will open over DH2. So what will be the next non Disney film over a $175M OW?

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

we're talking domestically right now

Oh.. well that will be close I guess. The Avengers had the advantage of holidays which are over for BP now.

Just so you know I don't really care about Dom when it comes to Avatar and Titanic, after all Avatar is the highest grossing film of all time, not TFA.

Edited by IronJimbo

4 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I wonder what the next non Disney $200M OW will be. Only 1 OW over $200M isn’t from Disney.

I'd say Wonder Woman 2 would have a chance at 200 if it were a summer release. I think early November makes that significantly harder though. That's basically it though as far as anything that's scheduled, barring something totally shocking like JW did. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Oh.. well that will be close I guess. The Avengers had the advantage of holidays which are over for BP now.

Just so you know I don't really care about Dom when it comes to Avatar and Titanic, after all Avatar is the highest grossing film of all time, not TFA.

What the fuck you talking about? TFA stomped all over avatar. 950 million to 750 million. It was an [Mod edit]

8 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

For other culturally relevant films, that Wonder Woman Opening Weekend is really looking like a disappointment.  It had amazing legs but wow.  Only $103M or something like that.  Decent number,  should have been more.  

$103.5m is still damn impressive for the first time origin movie. Most movies would kill for that kind of OW.

Just now, Warmaster506 said:

Heads are rolling at WB right now.  We will see if it has any kind of effect at all.  Won't surprise me if Captain Marvel beats WW in critical reception and box office. 

I doubt it'll beat WW domestically, OS is a maybe but it's in a tougher slot than BP.

1 minute ago, KJsooner said:

What the fuck you talking about? TFA stomped all over avatar. 950 million to 750 million. It was an [Mod edit]

he's referring to:

1 Avatar Fox $2,788.0 $760.5 27.3% $2,027.5 72.7% 2009^
2 Titanic Par. $2,187.5 $659.4 30.1% $1,528.1 69.9% 1997^
3 Star Wars: The Force Awakens BV $2,068.2 $936.7 45.3% $1,131.6 54.7% 2015

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

I'd say Wonder Woman 2 would have a chance at 200 if it were a summer release. I think early November makes that significantly harder though. That's basically it though as far as anything that's scheduled, barring something totally shocking like JW did. 

I'm surprised WB didn't schedule WW2 for February 14th 2020, November is still a good slot but it's very competitive. If it were me, I'd put Suicide Squad 2 in November and WW2 in February

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

he's referring to:

1 Avatar Fox $2,788.0 $760.5 27.3% $2,027.5 72.7% 2009^
2 Titanic Par. $2,187.5 $659.4 30.1% $1,528.1 69.9% 1997^
3 Star Wars: The Force Awakens BV $2,068.2 $936.7 45.3% $1,131.6 54.7% 2015

KJsooner knows what I was referring to, sooner will take any chance to bully poor jimbo

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Maybe a rebooted Batman that manages to garner critical acclaim. I guess Avatar 2 has a decent shot if it's as amazing as Cameron wants everyone to believe, but it will probably be a Disney release by then.