That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

It's all good. Not like I lose anything from it :lol:

Looks like you can take your poodle back. We solved this the right way, without violence. Just intimidating stares.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Looks like you can take your poodle back. We solved this the right way, without violence. Just intimidating stares.

Daniel-Kaluuya-1-600x338.jpg

Yo dawg, this is how we punish those who steal our gifs and numbers?

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 4

I took a look at the locations of the tweets @ecstasy compiled to see what the general trend was. Correlates pretty good with what we've seen reported.

- Washington DC x 2

- Chicago x 2

- Virginia

- Maryland x 4

- Charlotte x 2

- Los Angeles

- South Orange, NJ

- Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)

- Atlanta

- Southern California

- New York City x 8

- Fort Lauderdale

- Valdosta, GA

- Columbia, SC x 2

- Miami

- Arlington, VA

- Orange County

- New Jersey

- Oakland x 3

- Toronto

- Army kool aid factory

unsurprisingly, no Montana and Maine.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, REC said:

One thing is for certain, these actors (and the director, and crew for the most part) have lives that are changed forever now.  You don't get this sort of meteoric attention and not end up with some kind of new normal.  I wonder how prepared they are for it.

Especially Boseman, who’s now an icon to Black America. Not Star, friggin icon. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

when I see these BP numbers and just how INSANE they are it brings a smile to my face,  I'm so happy.

For other culturally relevant films, that Wonder Woman Opening Weekend is really looking like a disappointment.  It had amazing legs but wow.  Only $103M or something like that.  Decent number,  should have been more.  

BvS hurt Wonder Woman’s Opening. Wonder Woman 2 If everything goes fine should open to around 150M 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steele131 said:

BvS hurt Wonder Woman’s Opening. Wonder Woman 2 If everything goes fine should open to around 150M 

Yeah WW had exactly the kind of run that will lead to a MUCH bigger OW for the sequel. Could maybe challenge DH2 for WB's biggest

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Yeah WW had exactly the kind of run that will lead to a MUCH bigger OW for the sequel. Could maybe challenge DH2 for WB's biggest

If it’s anywhere near as good as the first (which I expect it to be) then yes it should have a much bigger opening.