That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

And Freed's 3-day weekend drop is looking superior to that of Darker's (granted, Darker had a bigger opening, but Panther's OW evens it out), so w/similar, same or better legs as FSD from this point on, Freed gets to 100. I'd start to worry now, @MovieMan89

Actually, if those projections hold Freed would finish with $99.9m following Darker. ;)

Lol, but yes, I'm officially scurred. 

• Disbelief 1

2 hours ago, The Last AndyLL said:

Dare I mention that on AOU weekend when everyone was predicting it would blow past 200M that Gitesh was the only one that was putting the brakes on expectations and turned out to be right?

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Also, looking at snapchat's story of Black Panther reactions, this movie is truly the cultural zeitgeist movie of the year if not the past few years, like how Wonder Woman took that title last year.

Seeing the reactions makes me ecstatic. I just love it when people can find so much from a movie, and as a film fan, I think that's super important :) 

• Like 1

Insane Friday for Black Panther. A moment!

That drop isn’t bad for Fifty Shades Freed. 

TGS a juggernaut. Side note: Greatest Showman soundtrack is #1 here in the U.K. for the 6th week in a row and this was its biggest sales week. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 2

this is a near perfect weekend. apart from BP slaying most of other movies too did very well:

- PETER RABBIT, dat Sony Animation power. Flat over the 4-day and a good shot at 90+ dom.

- 2MANJI 4-day keeps the 10+ streak alive after back to back 10+ weekends. 400 won't even be close. 50-50 shot at WONDR.

- TGS 4-day increases from last weekend. Less than 19 away from 175 dom.

- EARLY MAN disappoints with barely 5 over 4-days as PETER RABBIT is cleraly the choice for animations.

- MZ3 drops big but is already near 55 dom and will cross 60. the big money is os anyway.

- 15:17 also holds well and at a 30 prod budget is already around 28 and should cross 40.

- THE POST will cross 80 soon and should cross 85 too. Whatever <_<. I had unreasonably high expectations for it.

- SAMSON gets upset by BP but still does well at less than 100 times below BP. Face saved.

And what to say about BP. Deadline picks a nice headline at BP 4-day > AOU 4-day. Will beat DP's 4-day by at lest 60!

edit: I forgot 50 Shades. That perfect 69% drop threw me off.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, vc2002 said:

5 out the top 10 biggest OWs now belong to Marvel. Marvel is such a mega-OW generator now.

And now with things like black panther and guardians of the galaxy they can continue their streak even after the two avengers films are done and some early MCU characters are , temporarily, gone (before reboots e.t.c) .

6 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

5 out the top 10 biggest OWs now belong to Marvel. Marvel is such a mega-OW generator now.

And eight to Disney. All of which came out this decade. It'll be nine if IW can reach 169.189M.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

In fairness thats less impressive when you consider its heavily fanboy driven and there have been about a million movies. All but one of the top 20 is a franchise movie.

5 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

And now with things like black panther and guardians of the galaxy they can continue their streak even after the two avengers films are done and some early MCU characters are , temporarily, gone (before reboots e.t.c) .

Yeah I thought audience were slowly getting tired of too many comics adaptations these days. Guess BP proved I was totally wrong lol