grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

I want this movie to be good :sadfleck:is that too much to ask for :sadfleck:

Im getting nervous now ... and i even told myself over and over again to ignore reviews basically but its harder then i thought.

You may laugh but this is the movie event of the decade for me. Marvel fans get a new movie every 4 months but we JP fans only one in 4 years.

4 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Im getting nervous now ... and i even told myself over and over again to ignore reviews basically but its harder then i thought.

You may laugh but this is the movie event of the decade for me. Marvel fans get a new movie every 4 months but we JP fans only one in 4 years.

The reviews aren't even that negative. Sure certain aggregate sites may overplay certain opinions but overral it doesn't seem opinions on this one are any less comparable to the last two. Chill.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

The reviews have been fine so far. A long shot from the abysmal ones I was expecting.

also a movie being good or bad is subjective, so even if most people don’t like it (not the case at all from the early reactions) you can like it and find it good.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

The reviews aren't even that negative. Sure certain aggregate sites may overplay certain opinions but overral it doesn't seem opinions on this one are any less comparable to the last two. Chill.

33 minutes ago, Bigscrubnus said:

The reviews have been fine so far. A long shot from the abysmal ones I was expecting.

also a movie being good or bad is subjective, so even if most people don’t like it (not the case at all from the early reactions) you can like it and find it good.

Youre right, im just in a pessimistic mood right now.

40 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Youre right, im just in a pessimistic mood right now.

I would argue you're not pessimistic, it's just that some people are too opmistic. 

But in the end it doesn't matter, there's no real signs this is about to turn into a shitshow like SS or BvS. Seems just like mixed reception, which honestly after the original it's the standard for this franchise, so nothing that unusual.

If you like the others, i'm sure there's way more chances you'll be happy with this one too.

• Like 3

Saw this today in Spain's premiere. Last act was fun and it's great to have the OG cast back but 1st hour dragged a lot and the story is mediocre. It's in the same vein as the other two Jurassic World films. If you enjoy them, you'll probably enjoy this too. 6/10

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, ScareLol said:

Saw this today in Spain's premiere. Last act was fun and it's great to have the OG cast back but 1st hour dragged a lot and the story is mediocre. It's in the same vein as the other two Jurassic World films. If you enjoy them, you'll probably enjoy this too. 6/10

So it's sort of fun but nothing to write home about. Same as One IMHO.

• Like 2

My local theatre is clearly expecting a lot of business for this. They posted their showtimes a whole week early. They usually post weekend showtimes the Wednesday of that week (for example, TGM was posted on the 25th) but they posted the showtimes today for JWD.

9 hours ago, ScareLol said:

Thank you for your thoughts on the movie! Gotta say, this restores my hope a lot. Especially your point that the last act is fun, thats often the most important part of a movie when it comes to WOM.

• Like 1